Remember the time when someone asked you a cool trivia question and immediately had your attention?
Trivia quizzes can be very engaging and fun for a variety of audiences and occasions.
If you’re a business professional, you can use it for your social media audience and increase engagement. If you’re a teacher or a trainer, you can create trivia quizzes on various topics and make learning fun for your learners.
Honestly, there’s one to suit every occasion, and if there isn’t, you can always create a trivia quiz using an online quiz builder.
But, there is a challenge.
How do you formulate a great one quickly? How do you come up with the right questions that people would love to attempt?
You have to quickly choose a mix of easy and hard trivia questions interesting enough to get the quiz takers hooked till the end. At the same time, you want to get your facts right and choose the ones that will appeal to amateurs and experienced quiz takers alike.
So, we’ve listed down the 100 most amazing trivia questions to add to your quiz from the top 10 most popular quiz categories. We’ve chosen the questions based on their popularity, ease, and how interesting they can be for quiz takers.
Let’s’ take a look at all of them:
Sports Trivia Questions
These sports trivia questions are perfect for building up an interesting sports trivia quiz- exactly the kind of quiz that all sports buffs will like.
1. How many feet separate the stakes in a game of horseshoes?
2. What is a golfer said to have if he is entitled to tee off first?
3. In bowling, “beer frame” is best defined as?
Answer- Frame after which the bowler has to buy beers for all others
4. In what sport would you use a pen grip to hold your sandwich bat?
Answer- Table Tennis
5. Which sport has a penalty shot?
6. What world champ was the first figure skater ever to star in her own video game?
Answer- Michelle Kwan
7. Which famous fighter appeared in the film “Requiem for a Heavyweight”?
Answer- Cassius Clay
8. Which auto racing term is defined as “the signal for a driver to come into the pits”?
Answer- Black Flag
9. Which bowling term is defined as “movements and contortions of the body intended to steer the ball”?
Answer- Body English
10. Which golf term is defined as “the putting green”?
Answer- Dance Floor
Watch: How to Generate Leads With Lead Quizzes & Grow Your Business 10x
Technology Trivia Questions
Do you want to test your tech vocabulary, have a geeky game night, or build quizzes for your website’s tech-savvy audience? Choose from this list of technology trivia questions.
1. What has facilitated the easy access to information to so many of us?
Answer- Broadband Internet
2. What has Microsoft technology designed to allow an easy combination of HTML, scripts, and ActiveX?
Answer- Active Server Pages
3. Which security group grew out of the chaos caused by the Morris worm?
4. What is the name of the Apple OS X email client?
Answer- Apple Mail or Mail
5. Which Internet browser includes “Search Engine Manager”?
Answer- Mozilla Firefox
6. Which Windows-compatible Internet browser offered a built-in BitTorrent client?
Answer- Opera 9
7. Which browser employs a built-in spell-checker for text boxes?
Answer- Firefox 2
8. Which company created the massively multiplayer online game World of WarCraft?
Answer- Blizzard Entertainment
9. What organization accredits Top-Level Domain or TLD registrars on the internet?
10. What was Google’s instant messaging program called?
Answer- Google Talk
Science Trivia Questions
These are some science questions that’ll compel your audience to dig deep in their minds. Use them to create an amazing science quiz.
1. What happens when a scientist’s expectations change how the results of an experiment are viewed?
2. What is the mass per unit volume of material called?
3. Name the factor that affects the measure of another variable as it changes.
Answer- Independent variable
4. In science, what word means a smaller representation of an object or event?
5. Which scientist did research with peanuts and helped southern farmers?
Answer- George Washington Carver
6. What is the freezing point in Fahrenheit?
7. What are the two major elements making up the sun?
Answer- Hydrogen and Helium
8. What is the speed of light in a vacuum?
Answer- 299792458 Meters per second
9. The definition “the region of the earth located between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn” best fits which science term?
10. Which scientist explained the concepts of gravity and motion?
Answer- Isaac Newton
Health Trivia Questions
How much do we really know about health? These trivia questions focus on the basic health IQ & healthcare systems in the world.
1.The African nation of Benin is located in which imaginary “belt” where meningitis epidemics are common?
Answer- Meningitis Belt
2. A nutrition label will base the information on how many calories per day?
3. Which fruit has the highest fiber content?
Answer- Raspberries (1 cup contains 8 gm fiber!)
4. Which organ is responsible for regulating metabolism?
5. Which new fitness trend from Oslo debuted at the IDEA World Fitness Convention in August 2011?
6. Food energy is expressed in what form?
7. Which Switzerland-based organization monitors health around the world?
Answer- World Health Organization
8. What is the typical heart rate in a healthy adult?
Answer- 60-80 bpm
9. What did rural residents in Zambia initially do with the distributed mosquito nets?
Answer- Used them to make wedding dresses
10. What watch-like fitness-calorie-sleep tracking device did Hitachi unveil at a 2011 Tokyo health fair?
Answer- Hitachi Life Microscope
Geography Trivia Questions
Go on a tour around the world with these geography trivia questions. See how much you know about different countries & their capitals, cities, bodies of water, mountains, and landmarks by answering these questions.
1. What metropolitan area, not bordering a body of water, is the largest in the world?
Answer- Johannesburg, South Africa
2. What city lies on the western shore of the Caspian Sea?
Answer- Istanbul, Turkey
3. What sea does the Jordan River empty into?
Answer- Dead Sea
4. What is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea?
5. The Kaliningrad Oblast borders which body of water?
Answer- Baltic Sea
6. Which country has the fewest people per square mile?
7. The Hanging Gardens of Babylon are located approximately 50 km south of which Arab Capital?
8. What is the second deepest depth in the world?
Answer- Puerto Rico Trench
9. Which country is known as the “Hashemite Kingdom”?
10. What is the capital city of Mauritania?
Literature Trivia Questions
These questions revolve around some of the most famous literary personalities and their work. These literature Trivia questions are perfect for book lovers and those interested in knowing the stories behind what they read!
1. The Haiku, a three-line poem that utilizes images from nature, originated in which country?
2. Who wrote “The Scarlet Letter”?
Answer- Nathaniel Hawthrone
3. “Crime and Punishment”, “Anna Karenina,” and “Dr. Zhivago” all belong to which kind of literature?
4. “And that has made all the difference” is the final line in which Robert Frost poem?
Answer- The Road Not Taken
5. Gregor Samsa is the main character in which of the short stories by Franz Kafka?
Answer- The Metamorphosis
6. In Edgar Allan Poe’s poem “Annabelle Lee”, where is the subject’s kingdom located?
Answer- By the sea
7. This George Orwell novel begins with the words “It was a bright cold day in April”. What’s it called?
8. In “The Wasteland”, which month does T.S. Eliot called “the cruelest”?
9. Which Spanish-speaking writer was executed under Generalissimo Franco’s regime?
10. Which of Ian Fleming’s 007 novels was first sold in the U.S. as “Too Hot To Handle”?
Politics Trivia Questions
Politics is a hot topic. This is especially true on social media these days, where debates take place at the drop of a hat! It makes sense to strengthen your political know-how with these political trivia questions from the world of politics before you dive into a discussion.
1. Theocracy is a government recognizing whom as the supreme civil ruler?
2. Anarchism is a political movement that rejects all what?
3. Robocracy is based on the concept of government by superior what?
Answer- Machine Rule
4. What is the birth name of Yugoslavia President Tito?
Answer- Josip Broz
5. Which Mexican political party was voted out of office in 2000?
Answer- The PRI or Institutional Revolutionary Party
6. What year did Lech Walesa become president of Poland?
7. What bill did Obama Veto?
Answer- Keystone Pipeline
8. Who is the longest-serving president in the world?
Answer- Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, the President of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea since 1979.
9. Which German political leader was known as the “Iron Chancellor”?
Answer- Otto von Bismarck
10. Where was the United Nations charter drawn up in 1945?
Answer- San Francisco
Education Trivia Questions
Take a look at these amazing education trivia questions that are good enough to learn about some important facts and figures related to education.
1. Who established a normal school?
Answer- Reverend Samuel Hall
2. Which exam deals with reading, writing, and math?
Answer- Praxis Exam
3. Where was the first normal school location established?
Answer- Champagne, France
4. What is considered an average for an IQ Test?
5. What is an IDEA?
Answer- Individual Disability Education Act
6. What is pedagogy?
Answer- The art and science of teaching
7. What term for an institution of higher learning comes from a Latin word meaning “the whole”?
8. What does NJEA stand for?
Answer- New Jersey Education Association
9. What views intelligence as ability-focused, finite, and determined at birth?
Answer- Fixed Mindset
10. Who developed the concept of Montessori Education?
Answer- Italian physician and educator Maria Tecla Artemisia Montessori
Food Trivia Questions
Being a foodie is a passion that many pursue these days. Just check out the next Instagram post that shows a yummy pasta recipe! People love taking food quizzes and can have a great time answering the following food trivia questions to learn some of the most bizarre food facts.
1. How many calories does a bar of chocolate have?
Answer- About 500
2. Which of these is in the vegetable group of the USDA 2005 MyPyramid?
3. In culinary terms, what is one half of the body of an animal called?
4. In what form can food contamination be?
Answer- Physical, chemical, and biological
5. What does the skin of the grape contain?
Answer- Natural yeast
6. What kind of fats should an average person avoid if they are following USDA guidelines?
Answer- Saturated fats
7. Focaccia al Rosmarino is a food item of what type of cuisine?
8. Pancakes are a food item of what type of cuisine?
9. Discretionary calories make up what part of the food pyramid diet?
Answer- Allowable Extra Calories
10. What’s the country of origin of French Fries?
General Trivia Questions
From fishes to the Philippines, soldiers to explorers, try these general trivia questions at your next game night.
1. Which Spanish Explorer searched (in vain) for the seven cities of Cibola?
2. The cargo ship, SS Culross, was originally called what?
Answer- SS Empire Antigua
3. Who is the author of the classic horror novel Frankenstein?
Answer- Mary Shelly
4. What types of government did ancient Rome go through?
Answer- Monarchy, Republic, Empire
5. Which is the fastest fish in the sea?
6. Which famous battle ended the Napoleonic Wars?
7. What does UAV stand for?
Answer- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
8. Which composer composed the song “William Tell, Overture”?
Answer- Gioacchino Rossini
9. Andy Warhol is well known for making a film (called “Sleep”) of his friend sleeping. What’s the duration of the film?
Answer- 5 hours and 20 minutes
10. Which country gives Magsaysay awards?
Watch: 10 Types of Quiz Questions for Online Learning
These were the top 100 trivia quiz questions you can use to create quizzes that go viral online. How many of those questions were you able to answer correctly?
In addition to the questions above, we’ve also put together 25 Most Popular Quiz Categories and Quizzes that you can check out!
Still want more? Head to the ProProfs question library and explore over 100,000+ questions. You can even create your own trivia quiz with the ProProfs Quiz Maker. It is super easy-to-use. If you didn’t find any relevant questions for yourself, then here you can learn to write engaging quiz questions.
Pro tip: Add a picture to your quiz or an interesting background to match its theme, add different types of questions, and more to build quizzes that your audience would love to play and share.
If you own a business, you can even create a trivia quiz for lead generation. According to Right Mix Marketing, trivia quizzes are one of the best ways of engaging your audience since it captures their curiosity and makes them eager to prove themselves.
So, don’t wait! Get on the ProProfs quiz band-wagon today and start creating engaging trivia quizzes with ProProfs.
Do you want a free Quiz Software?
We have the #1 Online Quiz Maker Software for complete learning and assessment starting at $0