Respiratory And Circulatory System Review Quiz

30 Questions | Total Attempts: 364

SettingsSettingsSettings
Please wait...
Respiratory System Quizzes & Trivia

Complete this quiz to test your knowledge and progress!


Questions and Answers
  • 1. 
    The respiratory system relates mainly to the heart and blood vessels.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 2. 
    Respiration is the process of the body taking oxygen (O2) in and removing carbon dioxide (CO2).
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 3. 
    Inspiration is the process of the heart bringing blood back into the left atrium.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 4. 
    Oxygen binds to platelets in red blood cells to then be transported around the body to all cells and tissues.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 5. 
    Gas exchange is the process where oxygen enters the blood from alveoli during inspiration. At the same time carbon dioxide crosses from blood to alveoli to be exaled (expiration) from the body. 
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 6. 
    During exercise, there is no major change in respiration rates of healthy young people.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 7. 
    Our respiration rates can increase just at the thought of doing physical activity/exercise.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 8. 
    Once exercise starts, the rate (frequency) and depth (tidal volume) of breathing increases in proportion to the intensity and effort of exercise (workload).
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 9. 
    The circulatory (cardiovascular)  system mainly consists of the lungs, trachea and alveoli.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 10. 
    The main role of the circulatory system is to distribute blood containing oxygen, nutrients & collect and remove carbon dioxide and waste.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 11. 
    There are three main blood vessels in the body: alveoli, veins and arteries.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 12. 
    Carbon dioxide is an important gas required by all muscles and cells in the body.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 13. 
    Plasma is the liquid part of blood which makes up 55% of blood while Red and White Blood cells and platelets make up the other 45%.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 14. 
    The main role of white blood cells is to promote clotting of the blood in order to prevent blood loss.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 15. 
    There are twice as many red blood cells than white blood cells in the body.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 16. 
    The heart is a muscular pump slightly larger than a clenched fist - it provides enough force to keep the blood circulating throughout the body. 
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 17. 
    Veins have strong elastic walls to carry blood under pressure from the heart to all muscles of the body.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 18. 
    De-oxygenated blood is highly red in colour and high in oxygen while oxygenated blood is bluish in colour and carried in the veins back to the heart.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 19. 
    The heart has a rhythmic contraction and relaxation process. This is diastole (relaxation/filling) and systole (contracting/pumping) phase.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 20. 
    The right ventricle is the strongest chamber of the heart responsible for pumping blood all around the body.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 21. 
    Capillaries are the link between arteries and veins and have such thin walls they enable gas exchange to take place by crossing the walls - oxygen and nutrients go to the cells and muscles, while carbon dioxide and waste are picked up by the capillaries and taken to veins for removal.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 22. 
    The right side of the heart only deals with de-oxygenated blood while the left side of the heart only deals with oxgenated blood.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 23. 
    The right side of the heart receives deoxygenated blood from all parts of the body and pumps it to the lungs (where it picks up oxygen) and then back to the heart. This is called systemic circulation.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 24. 
    Systemic circulation is the flow of blood from the heart to the body and then back to the heart.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

  • 25. 
    The left side of the heart receives blood high in oxygen content (oxygenated) from the lungs and pumps it around the body.
    • A. 

      True

    • B. 

      False

Back to Top Back to top