Latin America, 1945-present Form Ab Chapter 22

7 Questions

Settings
Please wait...
Latin Quizzes & Trivia

Latin America, 1945-Present Form AB Chapter 22


Questions and Answers
  • 1. 
  • 2. 
  • 3. 
    23. When did Latin America have the greatest population increase?
    • A. 

      1960s

    • B. 

      1970s

    • C. 

      1980s

    • D. 

      1990s

  • 4. 
     Where did a military leader nullify election results?
    • A. 

      Argentina

    • B. 

      Chile

    • C. 

      Panama

    • D. 

      Peru

  • 5. 
    Where did the military first stage a takeover?
    • A. 

      Argentina

    • B. 

      Chile

    • C. 

      Panama

    • D. 

      Peru

  • 6. 
    "Beginning in 1986, Brazil's gross domestic product grew at an annual rate of 10 [percent]. .. . The consequences of this 'miracle' were the impoverishment of Brazilian people. Between 1960 and 1970 the 20 [percent] of the population with the highest income increased its share of the national income from 54.5 [percent] to 64.1 [percent], while the remaining 80 [percent] saw its share reduced from 45.5 [percent] to 36.8 [percent]. ... In the same period the 1 [percent] of the population that represented the richest group increased its share of the national income from 11.7 [percent] to 17 [percent]." —Latin American Civilization: History and Society, 1492 to the Present, Benjamin Keene, 1996 According to this passage, which of the following statements is TRUE?
    • A. 

      In 1970, the share of national income received by the richest 1 percent was roughly half the share received by the poorest 80 percent.

    • B. 

      In 1970, the division of national income between the top 20 percent and the remaining 80 percent was roughly two-thirds to one-third.

    • C. 

      Between 1960 and 1970, the share of national income received by the top 1 percent increased by about half.

    • D. 

      All of the statements are true.

  • 7. 
    "It is not easy to live in a war zone. The least of it was my being kidnapped by contras earlier this year. The hard part is seeing people die and consoling families.... In those eight hours I was held, as I walked in a column of 60 or so men and a few women—all in uniform—I could hear shooting and I realized that people I knew were being killed. Earlier I had seen bodies being brought back to town some burned, some cut to pieces." —Latin American Civilization: History and Society, 1492 to the Present, Benjamin Keene, 27. Whom did the person speaking identify as her captors?
    • A. 

      Marxist guerrillas

    • B. 

      Contras

    • C. 

      Sandinistas

    • D. 

      Bandits