A pair of metal rings joined by a short chain and locked around the wrists of a prisoner.
1. A head cook 2. Any cook
The figure or digit 0; naught
A large, cigar-shaped missile that contains explosives and travels underwater by its own power, launched from submarines or planes.
1. The emphatic plural form of you
2. The reflexive from you
3. Your real self.
Shelf for holding books.
1. Brother of one's husband or wife
2. Husband of one's sister
3. Husband of the sister of one's wife or husband
1. A number of similar things in a row
2. A number of things placed one after another
3. Number of things, events, etc., coming one after the other
A large group of one-celled microorganisms that multiply by fission or by forming spores.
1. Plural of medium
2. Mass communication
1. A portable case for loose papers, drawings, etc.; briefcase
2. Position and duties of a cabinet member, diplomat, or minister of state.
1. A usually pear-shaped tropical fruit with a dark-green to purplish-black skin and a very large seed
2. A tree that it grows on, of the same family as the laurel.
A load of goods carried on a ship or plane; freight.
A brief sentence adopted as a rule of conduct.
1. A young cow or bull
2. A young elephant, whale, deer, seal, etc.
Granduncle; uncle of one's father or mother
Machine for air navigation that is supported in the air by its own buoyancy (such as a balloon) or by the dynamic reaction of air particles to its surface (such as a plane)
A graduate or former student of a certain school, college, or university.
Facts from which conclusions can be drawn; things known or admitted; information.
1. Fertile spots in the desert where there are water and vegetation
2. Any pleasant place where you can relax.