Grammar Unit 5 I Do / Work / Like ETC. (Simple Present)
20 Questions |
By IvyLeagueOnline | Last updated: Oct 7, 2013
| Total Attempts: 125
This is your description.
Questions and Answers
I do / work / like, etc. (simple present)
he works / she lives / it rains, etc.
• I work in an office. My brother works in a bank, (not My brother work)
• Lucy lives in Houston. Her parents live in Chicago.
• It rains a lot in the winter.
I have -> he/she/it has:
• John has lunch at home every day.
We use the simple present for things that are true in general, or for things that happen sometimes or all the time:
• I like big cities.
• Your English is good.You speak very well.
• Tim works very hard. He starts at 7:30 and finishes at 8:00 at night.
• The earth goes around the sun.
• We do a lot of different things in our free time.
• It costs a lot of money to build a hospital.
Always/never/often/usually/sometimes + simple present
• Sue always gets to work early, (not Sue gets always)
• I never eat breakfast, (not I eat never)
• We often sleep late on weekends.
• Mark usually plays tennis on Sundays.
• I sometimes walk to work, but not very often.
Choose the correct simple present verbs.
Write sentences from the words. Use the correct verb form.
Example: (always / early / Sue / arrive)
Answer: Sue always arrives early.
To the movies/ never / I / go
Work / Martina / hard / always
Like / chocolate / children / usually
Julia / parties / enjoy / always
Often / people's names / I / forget
Television / Tim / watch / never
Usually / dinner / we / have / at 6:30
Jenny / always / nice clothes / wear
Write sentences about yourself. Use always / never / often / usually / sometimes.
Example: (watch TV in the evening)
Answer: I usually watch TV in the evening.
Welcome to the Grammar 5 Weekly Test for Get Some Air.
There are 25 questions in this test.
You have 20 minutes to finish the test.
Spelling and Punctuation count for fill in the blanks. Be careful.
Questions: 25 | Attempts: 749 | Last updated: Mar 16, 2018
Welcome to the Online Test for Grammar 5: Paris or the Bahamas?
The test is 15 minutes long.
You must complete the test once you start.
You only have one try.
You will receive your grade automatically in an...
Questions: 16 | Attempts: 752 | Last updated: Mar 8, 2018
Choose the correct conjunction.
I want to go bowling ___________ I'm tired.