Confidence Intervals Assessment Test

Approved & Edited by ProProfs Editorial Team
The editorial team at ProProfs Quizzes consists of a select group of subject experts, trivia writers, and quiz masters who have authored over 10,000 quizzes taken by more than 100 million users. This team includes our in-house seasoned quiz moderators and subject matter experts. Our editorial experts, spread across the world, are rigorously trained using our comprehensive guidelines to ensure that you receive the highest quality quizzes.
Learn about Our Editorial Process
| By Cripstwick
C
Cripstwick
Community Contributor
Quizzes Created: 646 | Total Attempts: 721,911
Questions: 10 | Attempts: 499

SettingsSettingsSettings
Confidence Intervals Assessment Test - Quiz

Confidence intervals are used in statistics as a type of interval estimate that is computed from the observed data. Take this assessment test to evaluate your knowledge of confidence intervals.


Questions and Answers
  • 1. 

    Which is a type of estimate for population parameter?  

    • A.

      Shore

    • B.

      Super 

    • C.

      Off estimate

    • D.

      Point estimate

    Correct Answer
    D. Point estimate
    Explanation
    A point estimate is a type of estimate for a population parameter. It is a single value that is used to estimate the unknown population parameter. This estimate is based on sample data and is used to make inferences about the population. It provides a specific value that is believed to be close to the true value of the parameter.

    Rate this question:

  • 2. 

    The null value of the confidence interval for the relative risk is...

    • A.

      0

    • B.

      1

    • C.

      2

    • D.

      15

    Correct Answer
    B. 1
    Explanation
    The null value of the confidence interval for the relative risk is 1. This means that there is no difference in the risk between the two groups being compared. If the confidence interval includes 1, it suggests that there is no statistically significant difference in the relative risk between the groups.

    Rate this question:

  • 3. 

    Which is an example of dichotomous variable?

    • A.

      Estimate

    • B.

      Portion 

    • C.

      Density

    • D.

      Population proportion

    Correct Answer
    D. Population proportion
    Explanation
    A dichotomous variable is a variable that can only take on two distinct values. In this case, the population proportion is an example of a dichotomous variable because it represents the proportion of a population that possesses a certain characteristic or falls into a specific category. It can only have two possible values - either the proportion possesses the characteristic or it does not. The other options, such as estimate, portion, and density, are not dichotomous variables as they can have multiple values.

    Rate this question:

  • 4. 

    A range of values that is likely to contain the value of an unknown population parameter is...

    • A.

      Density

    • B.

      Linear 

    • C.

      Discreet

    • D.

      Confidence interval

    Correct Answer
    D. Confidence interval
    Explanation
    A confidence interval is a range of values that is likely to contain the value of an unknown population parameter. It is used in statistics to estimate the true value of a population parameter based on a sample. The confidence interval provides a measure of the uncertainty associated with the estimate and is often expressed as a range of values with a specified level of confidence.

    Rate this question:

  • 5. 

    Which is an important parameter in calculating confidence interval?

    • A.

      Mean

    • B.

      Ratio

    • C.

      Time

    • D.

      Level

    Correct Answer
    A. Mean
    Explanation
    The mean is an important parameter in calculating the confidence interval because it represents the average value of a dataset. The confidence interval is a range of values that is likely to contain the true population mean. By calculating the mean and determining the variability of the data, statisticians can estimate the range within which the true population mean is likely to fall with a certain level of confidence.

    Rate this question:

  • 6. 

    What is the confidence interval for 99?

    • A.

      1.01

    • B.

      2.58

    • C.

      3.89

    • D.

      0.66

    Correct Answer
    B. 2.58
    Explanation
    The confidence interval is a range of values within which we can be confident that the true value lies. In this case, the confidence interval for 99 is represented by the number 2.58. This means that we can be confident that the true value of 99 falls within the range of 2.58.

    Rate this question:

  • 7. 

    What is the z value for 99 confidence interval?

    • A.

      3.33

    • B.

      0.06

    • C.

      2.58

    • D.

      1.88

    Correct Answer
    C. 2.58
    Explanation
    The z value for a 99% confidence interval is 2.58. This value is derived from the standard normal distribution table and represents the number of standard deviations away from the mean that encompasses 99% of the data. In other words, if we were to construct a confidence interval using this z value, we can be 99% confident that the true population parameter falls within the interval.

    Rate this question:

  • 8. 

    Wide confidence intervals mean that your sample size was too...

    • A.

      Huge

    • B.

      Small

    • C.

      Big

    • D.

      Wide

    Correct Answer
    B. Small
    Explanation
    Wide confidence intervals indicate that there is a large amount of uncertainty in the estimate. This means that the sample size used to calculate the confidence interval was too small. A small sample size leads to less precise estimates and wider intervals, as there is less data to draw conclusions from. Therefore, the correct answer is "Small".

    Rate this question:

  • 9. 

    What is the critical value for 95 percent confidence interval?

    • A.

      1

    • B.

      0

    • C.

      0.88

    • D.

      1.96

    Correct Answer
    D. 1.96
    Explanation
    The critical value for a 95 percent confidence interval is 1.96. This value is used in statistical calculations to determine the range within which the true population parameter is likely to fall. A 95 percent confidence interval means that there is a 95 percent probability that the true parameter lies within the calculated interval. The critical value of 1.96 corresponds to a two-tailed test with a 5 percent level of significance, where 2.5 percent is allocated to each tail of the distribution.

    Rate this question:

  • 10. 

    A statistic expressing the amount of random sampling error in a survey's results is...

    • A.

      Curve

    • B.

      Line

    • C.

      Margin of error

    • D.

      Error of slope

    Correct Answer
    C. Margin of error
    Explanation
    The margin of error is a statistic used to measure the amount of random sampling error in a survey's results. It indicates the range within which the true population value is likely to fall. A larger margin of error suggests a higher level of uncertainty in the survey's findings, while a smaller margin of error indicates a higher level of confidence in the results. Therefore, the correct answer is "Margin of error."

    Rate this question:

Back to Top Back to top
Advertisement
×

Wait!
Here's an interesting quiz for you.

We have other quizzes matching your interest.