Earth Primary School Quiz

Approved & Edited by ProProfs Editorial Team
The editorial team at ProProfs Quizzes consists of a select group of subject experts, trivia writers, and quiz masters who have authored over 10,000 quizzes taken by more than 100 million users. This team includes our in-house seasoned quiz moderators and subject matter experts. Our editorial experts, spread across the world, are rigorously trained using our comprehensive guidelines to ensure that you receive the highest quality quizzes.
Learn about Our Editorial Process
| By Alfredhook3
A
Alfredhook3
Community Contributor
Quizzes Created: 2962 | Total Attempts: 2,252,490
Questions: 11 | Attempts: 598

SettingsSettingsSettings
Earth Primary School Quiz - Quiz

How much do you know about Earth? Do you know Earth has how many layers? What is Rotation? What is Revolution? Check out our online earth quiz to learn exciting facts about this planet. This quiz is apt to teach students about Earth as well!


Questions and Answers
  • 1. 

    The Layer of air that surrounds the Earth is called

    • A.

      Orbit

    • B.

      Axis

    • C.

      Atmosphere

    Correct Answer
    C. Atmosphere
    Explanation
    The layer of air that surrounds the Earth is called the atmosphere. It is composed of various gases, such as nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases. The atmosphere plays a crucial role in protecting and sustaining life on Earth by regulating temperature, providing oxygen for respiration, and absorbing harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun.

    Rate this question:

  • 2. 

    Three-fourth of the Earth is covered with ?

    • A.

      Land

    • B.

      Water

    • C.

      Air

    Correct Answer
    B. Water
    Explanation
    Three-fourth of the Earth is covered with water. This is supported by scientific data that states approximately 71% of the Earth's surface is covered with water bodies such as oceans, seas, lakes, and rivers. The remaining 29% is land, which includes continents and islands. This vast amount of water plays a crucial role in sustaining life on Earth, regulating the climate, and providing habitats for numerous species.

    Rate this question:

  • 3. 

    One fourth of the Earth is covered with?

    • A.

      Land

    • B.

      Water

    • C.

      Air

    Correct Answer
    A. Land
    Explanation
    The Earth's surface is made up of land and water. Approximately 71% of the Earth's surface is covered with water, while the remaining 29% is covered with land. Therefore, it can be stated that one fourth (25%) of the Earth is covered with land.

    Rate this question:

  • 4. 

    The Earth spins about an imaginary line is called

    • A.

      Orbit

    • B.

      Axis

    • C.

      Top

    Correct Answer
    B. Axis
    Explanation
    The correct answer is "Axis". The Earth spins about an imaginary line called the axis. This axis runs through the North and South poles of the Earth. It is an imaginary line because it does not physically exist, but it helps us understand and describe the Earth's rotation. The axis is tilted at an angle of approximately 23.5 degrees, which is what causes the changing seasons on Earth.

    Rate this question:

  • 5. 

    The Earth revolves around the sun in fixed path is called ?

    • A.

      Orbit

    • B.

      Axis

    • C.

      Stick

    • D.

      Option 4

    Correct Answer
    A. Orbit
    Explanation
    The correct answer is "Orbit". The Earth revolves around the sun in a fixed path called its orbit. An orbit is the curved path followed by a planet, moon, or satellite as it moves around another celestial body due to gravity. In the case of the Earth, it takes approximately 365.25 days to complete one orbit around the sun, resulting in our annual cycle of seasons.

    Rate this question:

  • 6. 

    How long for the Earth to complete one rotation?

    • A.

      2 days

    • B.

      24 hours

    • C.

      365 days

    • D.

      365 1/4 days

    Correct Answer
    B. 24 hours
    Explanation
    The Earth takes 24 hours to complete one rotation. This is because the Earth rotates on its axis, which is an imaginary line that runs through its center from the North Pole to the South Pole. As the Earth rotates, it causes day and night. Each rotation takes approximately 24 hours, resulting in a full day.

    Rate this question:

  • 7. 

    How long does the Earth to complete one Revolution

    • A.

      24 hours

    • B.

      365 days

    • C.

      365 1/4 days

    • D.

      2 days

    Correct Answer
    C. 365 1/4 days
    Explanation
    The Earth takes approximately 365 1/4 days to complete one revolution around the Sun. This is known as a tropical year or solar year. The extra 1/4 day is why we have leap years every four years, where an additional day (February 29th) is added to the calendar. This adjustment helps to keep our calendar in alignment with the Earth's orbit around the Sun.

    Rate this question:

  • 8. 

    The spinning movement of the Earth is what?

    • A.

      Revolution

    • B.

      Rotation

    Correct Answer
    B. Rotation
    Explanation
    The spinning movement of the Earth is known as rotation. The Earth rotates on its axis, an imaginary line that runs through the North and South poles. This rotation causes day and night as different parts of the Earth are exposed to the Sun's light. It takes approximately 24 hours for the Earth to complete one full rotation. Revolution, on the other hand, refers to the Earth's movement around the Sun, which takes about 365.25 days to complete.

    Rate this question:

  • 9. 

    The movement of the Earth around the sun is what?

    • A.

      Revolution

    • B.

      Rotation

    Correct Answer
    A. Revolution
    Explanation
    The movement of the Earth around the sun is called revolution. This refers to the Earth's orbit around the sun, completing one revolution in approximately 365.25 days, which is what causes the change in seasons and the length of a year. Rotation, on the other hand, refers to the Earth spinning on its axis, resulting in day and night.

    Rate this question:

  • 10. 

    Which of these is caused by rotation?

    • A.

      Day and night

    • B.

      Weeks

    • C.

      Months

    • D.

      Weather

    Correct Answer
    A. Day and night
    Explanation
    Day and night is caused by rotation. The Earth rotates on its axis, causing different parts of the Earth to face towards or away from the Sun at different times. This rotation creates the cycle of day and night.

    Rate this question:

  • 11. 

    Which of these is caused by revolution?

    • A.

      Year

    • B.

      Global Warming

    • C.

      Weather

    • D.

      Climate

    Correct Answer
    A. Year
    Explanation
    Revolution refers to the Earth's revolution around the sun, which takes approximately 365 days to complete. This revolution causes the change in seasons and the passing of one year. Therefore, the correct answer is "Year" as it is directly caused by revolution.

    Rate this question:

Related Topics

Back to Top Back to top
Advertisement
×

Wait!
Here's an interesting quiz for you.

We have other quizzes matching your interest.