9044 Number Patterns Geometric R & R

Approved & Edited by ProProfs Editorial Team
The editorial team at ProProfs Quizzes consists of a select group of subject experts, trivia writers, and quiz masters who have authored over 10,000 quizzes taken by more than 100 million users. This team includes our in-house seasoned quiz moderators and subject matter experts. Our editorial experts, spread across the world, are rigorously trained using our comprehensive guidelines to ensure that you receive the highest quality quizzes.
Learn about Our Editorial Process
| By Anthony Nunan
A
Anthony Nunan
Community Contributor
Quizzes Created: 132 | Total Attempts: 44,578
Questions: 49 | Attempts: 157

SettingsSettingsSettings
9044 Number Patterns Geometric R & R - Quiz

Convert % values (R), to decimal values (r) in order to use the formula to find your sequence or series.


Questions and Answers
  • 1. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 3%. This makes R = 3%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.03 because it represents the increase in the amount saved by 3%. R is used to denote the percentage increase, so when R is equal to 3%, it can be represented as 1.03.

    Rate this question:

  • 2. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 6%. This makes R = 6%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.06 because when the amount saved is increased by 6%, it means that the new amount is 106% of the original amount. In decimal form, 106% is equal to 1.06.

    Rate this question:

  • 3. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 7%. This makes R = 7%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.07 because when the amount saved is increased by 7%, it means the new amount is 107% of the original amount. To find the value of r, which represents the decimal form of the percentage, we divide 107% by 100%. This gives us 1.07.

    Rate this question:

  • 4. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 15%. This makes R = 15%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.15 because when the amount saved is increased by 15%, it means that the new amount is 115% of the original amount. Therefore, r can be expressed as 1.15.

    Rate this question:

  • 5. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 21%. This makes R = 21%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.21 because when the amount saved is increased by 21%, the new value is equal to 1.21 times the original value.

    Rate this question:

  • 6. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 32%. This makes R = 32%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.32. This is because the statement "I am going to increase the amount I save by 32%" implies that the new amount of savings will be 32% more than the original amount. Therefore, the value of r, which represents the increase in savings, is 1.32.

    Rate this question:

  • 7. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 34%. This makes R = 34%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.34 because the question states that the amount saved is going to increase by 34%. If we represent the amount saved as r, then increasing it by 34% would mean adding 34% of r to r. Mathematically, this can be expressed as r + 0.34r = 1.34r. Therefore, the value of r is 1.34.

    Rate this question:

  • 8. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 43%. This makes R = 43%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.43 because it represents the percentage increase in the amount saved. In this case, the amount saved is being increased by 43%, so r is equal to 43%.

    Rate this question:

  • 9. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 153%. This makes R = 153%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 2.53 because when we increase the amount by 153%, we are essentially multiplying it by 1.53. Therefore, r can be calculated by dividing R (153%) by 100, resulting in 1.53.

    Rate this question:

  • 10. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 165%. This makes R = 165%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be found by dividing the percentage value by 100. In this case, since R is equal to 165%, dividing it by 100 gives us 1.65. Therefore, the value of r is 1.65.

    Rate this question:

  • 11. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 167%. This makes R = 167%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be calculated by dividing R by 100. In this case, R is equal to 167%, so dividing 167 by 100 gives us the value of r, which is 1.67.

    Rate this question:

  • 12. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 186%. This makes R = 186%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be calculated by dividing R (186%) by 100. This gives us 1.86. Therefore, the value of r is 1.86.

    Rate this question:

  • 13. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 195%. This makes R = 195%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be calculated by dividing R by 100 and then subtracting that value from 1. In this case, R is 195%, so dividing it by 100 gives us 1.95. Subtracting 1.95 from 1 gives us the value of r, which is 0.95.

    Rate this question:

  • 14. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 198%. This makes R = 198%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be calculated by dividing R by 100 and adding 1. In this case, R is 198%, so r would be 198/100 + 1 = 2.98.

    Rate this question:

  • 15. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 4%. This makes R = -4%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.96 because when the amount saved is decreased by 4%, it means that only 96% of the original amount is saved. Therefore, r represents the decimal equivalent of the percentage, which is 0.96.

    Rate this question:

  • 16. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 7%. This makes R = -7%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.93 because when we decrease the amount by 7%, it means we are left with 93% of the original amount. Therefore, r is equal to 0.93.

    Rate this question:

  • 17. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 8%. This makes R = -8%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.92 because when the amount saved is decreased by 8%, the remaining amount is equal to 92% of the original amount.

    Rate this question:

  • 18. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 16%. This makes R = -16%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.84 because when the amount saved is decreased by 16%, the remaining amount is 84% of the original value.

    Rate this question:

  • 19. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 22%. This makes R = -22%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.78. This can be determined by converting the percentage R into a decimal by dividing it by 100. In this case, -22% becomes -0.22. Then, to find the value of r, we subtract the decimal from 1. So, 1 - (-0.22) = 1 + 0.22 = 1.22. Finally, we convert 1.22 into a decimal by dividing it by 100, resulting in 0.0122. Therefore, r = 0.78.

    Rate this question:

  • 20. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 33%. This makes R = -33%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.67 because when we decrease the amount by 33%, we are left with 67% of the original value. Therefore, r is equal to 0.67.

    Rate this question:

  • 21. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 35%. This makes R = -35%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.65 because when the amount saved is decreased by 35%, it means that only 65% of the original amount is being saved. Therefore, r represents the decimal value of the percentage saved, which is 0.65.

    Rate this question:

  • 22. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 44%. This makes R = -44%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.56 because when the amount saved is decreased by 44%, the remaining amount is 56% of the original value.

    Rate this question:

  • 23. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 54%. This makes R = -54%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.46 because when the amount saved is decreased by 54%, the remaining amount is equal to 46% of the original amount.

    Rate this question:

  • 24. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 66%. This makes R = -66%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.34 because when the amount saved is decreased by 66%, it means that only 34% of the original amount is being saved. This can be calculated by subtracting 66% from 100%, which gives us 34%. Therefore, the value of r is 0.34.

    Rate this question:

  • 25. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 68%. This makes R = -68%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.32 because when the amount saved is decreased by 68%, it means that only 32% of the original amount is being saved. Therefore, r is equal to 0.32.

    Rate this question:

  • 26. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 87%. This makes R = -87%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.13 because when the amount saved is decreased by 87%, the remaining amount saved is 13% of the original amount.

    Rate this question:

  • 27. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 96%. This makes R = -96%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The question states that the amount saved is going to be decreased by 96%. In mathematical terms, this can be represented as R = -96%. The value of r can be calculated by converting the percentage to a decimal. To do this, we divide -96 by 100, which gives us -0.96. Since the value of r is the opposite sign of R, we take the absolute value of -0.96, which is 0.96. Therefore, the value of r is 0.96.

    Rate this question:

  • 28. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 99%. This makes R = -99%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The question states that the amount saved is going to be decreased by 99%. This means that only 1% of the original amount will be saved. In mathematical terms, if R represents the amount saved and it is being decreased by 99%, then the new value of R can be calculated as 1% or 0.01. Therefore, the value of r is 0.01.

    Rate this question:

  • 29. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 5%. This makes R = 5%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.05 because when the amount saved is increased by 5%, it means that the new amount is 105% of the original amount. To find the value of r, we need to convert 105% to decimal form, which is 1.05.

    Rate this question:

  • 30. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 8%. This makes R = 8%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.08 because when the amount saved is increased by 8%, it means that the new amount is 108% of the original amount. To find the value of r, which represents the original amount, we need to divide the new amount by 100%. So 108% divided by 100% equals 1.08.

    Rate this question:

  • 31. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 9%. This makes R = 9%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r in this scenario represents the percentage increase in the amount saved. Since the statement mentions that the amount saved is going to increase by 9%, it implies that r is equal to 9%. Therefore, the value of r is 1.09.

    Rate this question:

  • 32. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 16%. This makes R = 16%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.16 because it represents the increase in the amount saved, which is 16%.

    Rate this question:

  • 33. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 22%. This makes R = 22%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.22 because the statement "I am going to increase the amount I save by 22%" implies that the increase is 22% of the original amount. Therefore, the new amount is 100% + 22% = 122% of the original amount. In decimal form, this is 1.22.

    Rate this question:

  • 34. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 33%. This makes R = 33%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.33 because when the amount saved is increased by 33%, it means that the new amount is 133% of the original amount. Therefore, r can be calculated by dividing 133% by 100%, which equals 1.33.

    Rate this question:

  • 35. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 35%. This makes R = 35%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.35 because when the amount saved is increased by 35%, it means that the new amount is 135% of the original amount. To find the value of r, which represents the original amount, we need to divide the new amount by 135%. Dividing 135% by 100% gives us 1.35. Therefore, the value of r is 1.35.

    Rate this question:

  • 36. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 47%. This makes R = 47%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 1.47 because the given statement states that the amount saved will be increased by 47%, which can be represented as R = 47%. Since R is equivalent to r/100, we can solve for r by multiplying R by 100, resulting in r = 1.47.

    Rate this question:

  • 37. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 123%. This makes R = 123%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 2.23 because when the amount saved is increased by 123%, the value of r represents the percentage increase. In this case, the increase is 123%, so r is equal to 2.23.

    Rate this question:

  • 38. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 134%. This makes R = 134%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be calculated by dividing the percentage increase by 100 and adding 1. In this case, since the increase is 134%, we divide 134 by 100 and add 1, which gives us 2.34. Therefore, the value of r is 2.34.

    Rate this question:

  • 39. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 148%. This makes R = 148%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be found by dividing the given percentage value, 148%, by 100. By doing this calculation, we get 1.48. Therefore, the value of r is 1.48.

    Rate this question:

  • 40. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 177%. This makes R = 177%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be found by dividing R (177%) by 100. This will give us the decimal representation of the percentage. Therefore, r = 177% / 100 = 1.77.

    Rate this question:

  • 41. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 191%. This makes R = 191%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be found by dividing R (191%) by 100. This gives us 1.91. Therefore, the value of r is 1.91.

    Rate this question:

  • 42. 

    I am going to increase the amount I save by 193%. This makes R = 193%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be found by dividing the given value R (193%) by 100. This is because R represents a percentage, and to convert a percentage to a decimal, we divide it by 100. Therefore, by dividing 193% by 100, we get the value of r as 1.93.

    Rate this question:

  • 43. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 6%. This makes R = -6%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r can be calculated by subtracting the percentage decrease from 100%. In this case, since the amount saved is being decreased by 6%, the value of r would be 100% - 6% = 94%. Therefore, the value of r is 0.94.

    Rate this question:

  • 44. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 9%. This makes R = -9%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.91 because when the amount saved is decreased by 9%, the remaining amount is 91% of the original value. Therefore, r is equal to 0.91.

    Rate this question:

  • 45. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 10%. This makes R = -10%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.9 because when the amount saved is decreased by 10%, it means that 90% of the original amount is saved. Therefore, r is equal to 0.9.

    Rate this question:

  • 46. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 17%. This makes R = -17%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.83 because when the amount saved is decreased by 17%, the remaining amount is equal to 83% of the original amount. Thus, r represents the decimal form of 83%, which is 0.83.

    Rate this question:

  • 47. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 23%. This makes R = -23%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.77 because when the amount saved is decreased by 23%, it means that only 77% of the original amount is being saved. Therefore, r is equal to 0.77.

    Rate this question:

  • 48. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 34%. This makes R = -34%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.66 because when the amount saved is decreased by 34%, it means that only 66% of the original amount is saved. Therefore, r represents the percentage of the original amount that is saved, which is 0.66 or 66%.

    Rate this question:

  • 49. 

    I am going to decrease the amount I save by 36%. This makes R = -36%. What is the value of r?

    Explanation
    The value of r is 0.64 because when the amount saved is decreased by 36%, the remaining amount is 64% of the original amount. Therefore, r is equal to 0.64.

    Rate this question:

Quiz Review Timeline +

Our quizzes are rigorously reviewed, monitored and continuously updated by our expert board to maintain accuracy, relevance, and timeliness.

  • Current Version
  • Mar 20, 2023
    Quiz Edited by
    ProProfs Editorial Team
  • May 18, 2014
    Quiz Created by
    Anthony Nunan
Back to Top Back to top
Advertisement