MCQ On Cost Of Capital

Approved & Edited by ProProfs Editorial Team
The editorial team at ProProfs Quizzes consists of a select group of subject experts, trivia writers, and quiz masters who have authored over 10,000 quizzes taken by more than 100 million users. This team includes our in-house seasoned quiz moderators and subject matter experts. Our editorial experts, spread across the world, are rigorously trained using our comprehensive guidelines to ensure that you receive the highest quality quizzes.
Learn about Our Editorial Process
| By Mehtajimmit
M
Mehtajimmit
Community Contributor
Quizzes Created: 12 | Total Attempts: 29,466
Questions: 5 | Attempts: 1,143

SettingsSettingsSettings
Capital Quizzes & Trivia

.


Questions and Answers
  • 1. 

    During planning period, marginal cost to raise a new debt is classified as

    • A.

      Debt cost

    • B.

      Relevant cost

    • C.

      Borrowing cost

    • D.

      Embedded cost

    Correct Answer
    B. Relevant cost
    Explanation
    During the planning period, the marginal cost to raise a new debt is classified as a relevant cost. This is because the marginal cost represents the additional cost incurred by the company when raising a new debt. In the context of financial planning, relevant costs are those that have an impact on the decision-making process. In this case, the marginal cost of raising a new debt is relevant because it directly affects the financial position and obligations of the company.

    Rate this question:

  • 2. 

    Cost of common stock is 14% and bond risk premium is 9% then bond yield is

    • A.

      1.56%

    • B.

      5%

    • C.

      23%

    • D.

      64.28%

    Correct Answer
    B. 5%
    Explanation
    The bond yield is 5% because it is calculated by adding the cost of common stock (14%) and the bond risk premium (9%). Therefore, 14% + 9% = 23%. However, the bond yield is expressed as a percentage, so the answer is 23% converted to 5%.

    Rate this question:

  • 3. 

    In weighted average cost of capital, company can affect its capital cost through

    • A.

      Policy of capital structure

    • B.

      Policy of dividends

    • C.

      Policy of investment

    • D.

      All of above

    Correct Answer
    D. All of above
    Explanation
    The correct answer is "all of above". In weighted average cost of capital (WACC), a company can affect its capital cost through various policies. The policy of capital structure refers to the way a company finances its operations through a combination of debt and equity. By adjusting the proportion of debt and equity, a company can influence its overall cost of capital. The policy of dividends relates to the distribution of profits to shareholders. A company that pays higher dividends may attract more investors, potentially affecting its cost of capital. Finally, the policy of investment refers to the allocation of funds towards different projects. By selecting projects with different risk levels, a company can impact its overall cost of capital.

    Rate this question:

  • 4. 

    Risk associated with project and way considered by well diversified stockholder is classified as

    • A.

      Expected risk

    • B.

      Beta risk

    • C.

      Industry risk

    • D.

      Returning risk

    Correct Answer
    B. Beta risk
    Explanation
    Beta risk refers to the risk associated with a specific stock or investment in relation to the overall market. Well-diversified stockholders consider beta risk as they analyze the volatility of a particular stock compared to the broader market. Beta measures the stock's sensitivity to market movements, indicating how much the stock's value is likely to fluctuate in relation to the market. A higher beta indicates greater volatility and risk, while a lower beta suggests less risk. Therefore, beta risk is the appropriate classification for the risk associated with a project that is considered by well-diversified stockholders.

    Rate this question:

  • 5. 

    Cost of common stock is 13% and bond risk premium is 5% then bond yield is

    • A.

      $18

    • B.

      2.60%

    • C.

      8%

    • D.

      18%

    Correct Answer
    C. 8%
    Explanation
    The bond yield can be calculated by adding the bond risk premium to the cost of common stock. In this case, the cost of common stock is 13% and the bond risk premium is 5%. Adding these two percentages together gives a bond yield of 18%. Therefore, the correct answer is 18%.

    Rate this question:

Quiz Review Timeline +

Our quizzes are rigorously reviewed, monitored and continuously updated by our expert board to maintain accuracy, relevance, and timeliness.

  • Current Version
  • Mar 21, 2023
    Quiz Edited by
    ProProfs Editorial Team
  • Apr 13, 2016
    Quiz Created by
    Mehtajimmit
Advertisement
×

Wait!
Here's an interesting quiz for you.

We have other quizzes matching your interest.