Our highly energetic development team works very hard to ensure that our customers have an awesome time creating online courses and quizzes. To help the team manage their work more efficiently and create even better software, there was a training session held in our Manesar development center in Gurgaon, which introduced them to the best practices for software development documentation.
What did the development team learn?
One of the important topics covered in the course of the training was Short Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which introduced our team to the specific processes involved in the development of a new project or product, such as planning, requirement analysis, designing, coding, testing and maintenance. In addition to this, the team learnt about the best practices and standards to writing codes of high quality.
Who took the training session?
The training session was orchestrated by a local IT training and management company, with 20 years of experience in high-end training. Their highly qualified team of consultants has organized training sessions for a number of leading IT companies such as Oracle, IBM, Ericsson, Microsoft and many more.
What topics did the training cover?
1. Why Documentation
- Importance of Documentation
- Where to store and access documentation
- Common practices for documentation, include Documenting
- Functional Specifications
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Technical Specifications
- Unit Test Plans
- Integration and System Test Plans
- ER diagrams depicting relationships
- Database Diagrams listing tables and their usage
2. Coding and Unit Testing
- Coding Standards (PHP)
- Best Practices in PHP
- What to do and what not to do
- Error Handling Best Practices
- List of Defects (LOD) Document
- Unit Testing
3. Overview: Integration /System Test
- Test Strategy
- Integration Test
- System Testing
- Acceptance Testing
4. Overview: Deployment
- Deployment Plan
- Go-Live Plan depicting the kinds of tests to be done after it goes live
Further suggested reading: ‘Project Management Training’ at ProProfs office