The Herald dispatch newspaper recently interviewed John Mitchell, chairman of the science department at Lincoln High School, Harrison Country, on his use of ProProfs testing software with students. John has been using ProProfs Quiz Maker, for the last two years to create hundreds of tests and quizzes for advanced biology, conceptual science and human anatomy.
In the interview, John has talked about how our automated grading feature saved him a lot of time, while our advanced reporting and statistics helped him identify the strengths and weaknesses of his students. In his own words, “It saves me time because I don’t have to grade the tests. When students take it, it gives them a report and what questions they missed and an option to retake the test. It helps students know where their strengths and weaknesses are.”
What John likes about ProProfs:
- Question Banks: The top benefit for John is that he can write the questions for tests and quizzes, and then dictate to the program which questions to use.
- Automated grading: In John’s words, “It saves me time because I don’t have to grade the tests.”
- Reports and statistics: John says, “it gives students a report and what questions they missed and an option to retake the test. It helps students know where their strengths and weaknesses are.”
- Various question formats: Different formats of quiz questions such as multiple choice, true-false, checklists, fill-in-the blanks and more.
- Contents Styles: Support for varied content such as clip art, photos, videos, PowerPoint presentations etc.
- Progressive Learning: In John’s own words, “The software also can reword questions based on the depth of knowledge scale, which starts at the lower end with students simply recalling information and escalates to students having to use complex reasoning skills to find an answer.”
- Anytime/Anywhere learning: The fact that kids can take the tests online at home or in school.