How many people suffer from insomnia each year in the US? - ProProfs
     

How many people suffer from insomnia each year in the US?

+ AnswerRequest Answer
...

1 Answer

T. Moore

Have keen interest in writing, traveller by heart.

T. Moore, Writer, MA, Washington

Answered on Sep 02, 2019

Insomnia is a sleep disorder, and it refers to the inability to fall asleep or stay asleep during the night. The difficulty to have a good length of sleep has been researched to be something that can lead a lot of other serious illness. In the United States, there are frequent records of people complaining about their inability to get the minimum seven hours of sleep.

This problem can be caused by a lot of things. It can be as a result of stress, medications, depression, etc. However, it seems the statistic of people having the problem is increasing on daily basis. According to a recent research carried out, 30 percent of Americans experience short term or acute insomnia. Out of the 30 percent, 75 percent of these people recover from insomnia, while the remaining 25 percent battle with it till it becomes chronic. Also, the research shows that sleep deprivation is a little bit common among the adults.

Search for Google images
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer
Search for Google images
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer
Search for Google images
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer

Email Sent
We have sent an email to your address "" with instructions to reset your password.