This sentence is incorrect. The word "is" in the sentence is what makes it incorrect. Instead of is, the word should be "are," and the sentence should be, "The list of items are on the desk." Is would be appropriate if it were one item, such as "The item is on the desk," for is correlates with a singular noun. Being that items are plural, the word used should be are.
This question would be found on a grammar or English test, as well as an SAT. It is easy to get confused about these questions, but the best way to solve them is to say the sentences aloud to hear if they sound right.
The correct answer is literacy
B. Sears is the right answer.
Walter McMillian was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of a young white woman who worked as a clerk in a dry cleaning store in Monroeville, Alabama. However, he was later proven innocent of the crime, thus this case becoming popular.
The etiquette guidelines that govern behavioral composure of individual when communicating on the Internet is well referred to as netiquette. Netiquette does not only covers rules of behavior during discussions but also guidelines that reflect the unique electronic nature of the platform.
The following are major online Netiquette
• Identify yourself: Begin mail with salutation and end them with your name.
• Include a subject line: Give a descriptive phrase or Subject description in the subject line of the message header that tells the topic of your mail.
• Avoid sarcasm: So as to avoid misinterpretation
• Respect others' privacy: avoid quoting or forwarding personal email without the author's permission.
• Acknowledge and return messages promptly.
• No spam (a.k.a. junk mail). Don't contribute to worthless or uninformative information on the Internet.
• Be concise
• Use appropriate language: Avoid rough, or rude language and strictly observe grammar errors and spellings.
• Use appropriate emoticons (smileys) to help convey meaning.
• Use appropriate intensifiers to help convey meaning.
The ability to find a reliable information
There is always room for pamphlets as a means of communication in literature, or literature in the service of some cause, as is still the case today despite the surge of social media for dissemination of ideas. It is also the case that pamphlets have played a crucial role in American history. Pamphlet literature has been the medium through which people have expressed their opinions and feelings on contemporary affairs.
This was never so prominent in America as during the Rationalist period. The belief in individual responsibility and the growth of importance of the United States plus the reliance on generic plots and standardized characters stamps its mark on this period of literary development. The writing style was ornate, too flowery by far for our contemporary tastes in writing.