Prohibited Items and Activities
You expressly agree that you are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur under your registration and you agree not to engage in any unacceptable uses of the Services, which include, without limitation, use of the Services to do any of the following:
- Interfere, disrupt or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other accounts on the ProProfs Website or any other computer network.
- Use the ProProfs Website or the Services in connection with any commercial endeavors.
- Post your personal information such as last name, email addresses, instant messaging addresses, personal URLs, physical addresses and phone numbers in any publicly viewable areas of the ProProfs Website.
- Post or give out any financial information or transmit electronically or physically any money to other Members.
- Create user accounts by automated means or under fraudulent or false pretenses.
- Create or transmit unsolicited electronic communications such as spam to Members or promote any products or services.
- Submit or upload any type of material that is unlawful, harmful, hateful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, offensive, obscene,
- pornographic, lewd, lascivious, or otherwise objectionable, as determined by ProProfs.
- Submit or upload any content for which you do not own all applicable rights or that infringes the proprietary rights of other parties.
- Submit, engage in or upload any type of competitions or content that can cause physical or mental harm to the participants or visitors to the ProProfs Website.
- Harass, threaten or intentionally embarrass or cause harm or distress to another person or group.
- Collect and publish any information about any of our Members.
- Adapt, modify or reverse engineer any portion of the Services or the ProProfs Website.
- Use any spider, robot, retrieval application, or any other device to retrieve any portion of the ProProfs Website.
- Reformat any of the pages that are part of the ProProfs Website.
- Disseminate, store or transmit viruses, worms, trojan horses or other malicious code or program.
- Encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense.
- Violate any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation.
- Exploit children under 18 years of age.
- Invade the privacy of any person, including but not limited to submitting personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person without their consent (or their parent's consent in the case of a child under 13 years of age).
- Solicit personal information from a child under 13 years of age.
- Cheat or manipulate votes by creating fake user profiles or other activities which compromise the integrity of the competition/entries and points awarded.
- Submit false or misleading information to proprofs.com, the ProProfs Website or other members.
Right To Purge Content
ProProfs reserves the right to purge Content from its databases created by any Member (including premium service members that pay subscription fee) at any time in our sole and absolute discretion without notice. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for backing up any Content uploaded to the ProProfs Website or received through the use of the Services. ProProfs shall not be liable for any purging, deletion, or failure to retain or record any such Content.
If you purchase a subscription to our Premium Services, you will be responsible for paying all fees, as well as any taxes. ProProfs reserves the right to change such fees at any time and in its sole discretion, provided that any such change shall become effective at the end of the term of your subscription.
Subscriptions to our Premium Services are provided on continuous service basis. This means that ProProfs will automatically renew your subscription at the end of its term unless the subscription is canceled using the tool in account page on the ProProfs Website at any time prior to the end of the then-current subscription. You will be charged a renewal rate equal to the rate for the immediately preceding subscription period, based upon the subscription program (annual, quarterly, monthly, etc.) that you have chosen, unless ProProfs has updated to a new rate. A cancellation of a subscription requested through account page will become effective on the date that your then-current subscription period expires.
If you have elected to pay the fees referred to in this section by credit card, you hereby warrant that the credit card information provided by you is correct, and you shall promptly notify ProProfs of any changes to such credit card information. You acknowledge and agree that if the credit card payment cannot be processed for any reason, ProProfs will automatically cancel your subscription and any data stored in the premium services will be deleted.
As part of our Services, ProProfs may offer functionality which enables you to sell Content to other users or Members. You will be able to set your own prices for any such Content that you sell. You agree to pay ProProfs a commission in the amount of Twenty Percent (20%) on all sales of Content that you complete through our Service platform. Customers of premium services paying a monthly or annual fee for those services may qualify for a lower rate. All such commissions will be due and payable immediately upon your completion of the sale.
Fair Use Policy
For the purpose of this agreement, 'unlimited' is defined as what the vast majority of users or customers will utilize in any given month. In order to prevent misuse of the Service beyond its intended and customary use (e.g. but not limited to, resale, large third party services or mass market use, sharing of accounts etc) and to ensure good service response time to all, usage with significant amount of video / content or more than 5000 users or those that otherwise create a significant system load, at ProProf's sole discretion, may be charged an extra fee or service may be permanently terminated or temporarily blocked (as deemed suitable by the company in its sole discretion). You may not engage in abusive or excessive usage of the Services, which is usage significantly in excess of average usage patterns that adversely affects the speed, responsiveness, stability, availability, availability or functionality of the Services for other users. ProProfs will endeavor to notify you of any abusive or excessive usage to provide you with an opportunity to reduce such usage to a level acceptable to ProProfs.
ProProfs may also suspend providing the Services to you if we are investigating suspected misconduct by you. If we suspend or terminate the Services you receive, we will endeavor to give you advance notice and an opportunity to export a copy of your Content from that Service. However, there may be time sensitive situations where ProProfs may decide that we need to take immediate action without notice. ProProfs has no obligation to retain your Content upon termination of the applicable Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services are proprietary to ProProfs, which owns or is the licensor of all the designs, text, content, code, databases, photos, and other content on the ProProfs Website.
Third Party Data Storage and Services
ProProfs retains the right to utilize third party services to provide data storage and services to ProProfs and its users and members. ProProfs shall use reasonable skill and due care in providing the Service, but neither ProProfs nor any of its data storage and service providers guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of Service. ProProfs makes no guarantee, express or implied, as to any actions taken by these third parties in relation to ProProfs Services. By using the Services, you agree that ProProfs is not responsible for any interruptions in service or misuse of the information by our third party data storage and services providers.
Third Party Websites and Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies,click here.
Copyright Dispute Policy
ProProfs respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects our Members to do the same. ProProfs will respond to claims of copyright infringement committed using the ProProfs Website and the Services that are reported to the ProProfs designated copyright agent, who may be contacted by filling the form on our Contact Us.
If you are a copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of a copyright owner, please report any alleged copyright infringement taking place on the ProProfs Website by providing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (the "Notice"). Upon receipt of a Notice as described below, ProProfs will take such action as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged use from the ProProfs Website or cancellation or the registration for repeat offenders.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement
Each Notice shall:
- Identify the copyrighted work, by title and with sufficient detail so thatwe can locate the infringing material on the ProProfs Website that you claim has been infringed and that access to which is to be disabled.
- Include your full legal name, physical or electronic signature, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- "I hereby state, under penalty of perjury, that the information provided is accurate, and that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
The Notice should be delivered to our Designated Copyright Agent at the address set forth above.
Personal Information We will Collect
We will collect the following personal information from you during registration:
- Email address
- User name
- Date of Birth
- Country of residence
- Zip Code and
- Credit card / Payment details if subscribing to paid services or making a purchase
In the event ProProfs makes a material change in the way your personal information is collected, the use of your personal information, or our email policies, you will be notified either by email or through a notice posted on the ProProfs Website. Because your sensitive data is very important to both you and us, ProProfs has implemented policies and procedures to protect your information. ProProfs operates secure data networks that are password protected and are not publicly available. While ProProfs will work hard to protect your information, ProProfs cannot ensure or warrant the security of any of the information you submit to us or receive from us. ProProfs reviews its security policies on a regular basis and will make changes as necessary.
Personal Information Others May Collect
If personal information is requested by another Member through a quiz, poll or flashcards, any personal information that you share is provided entirely at your own risk. ProProfs makes no guarantee, express or implied, as to how this information may be used once it is shared between two Members, or that may be shared using any of the forms associated with any User Submission. By using the Services, you agree that ProProfs is not responsible for any misuse of the information exchanged between two users or Members.