If you want the right answers for your survey, ask the right survey questions. But what exactly are the RIGHT survey questions? In this article, we tell you just that. To make your survey questions design process easier, we have compiled a comprehensive survey question bank that covers the most basic questions to the most detailed ones across industries. Not just the questions, we’ve also handled how to collect those right answers. Understanding your audience has never been easier.
Table of contents [Hide]
- Customer Survey Questions
- Human Resource Survey Questions
- Market Research Survey Questions
- Education Survey Questions
- Event Survey Questions
- Healthcare Survey Questions
- Brand Awareness Survey Questions
- Website Feedback Survey Questions
- Sales Survey Questions
- Transport Survey Questions
- Lead Generation Surveys
- Non-Profit Survey Questions
- How to Gather Feedback
#1. Customer Survey Questions
Customer surveys are used to gather insights from the customer about the product, service, and the whole sales process in general. Customer survey questions are tricky as it is often difficult to identify what exactly you want from the customers. In this section, we have covered sample survey questions for customer satisfaction and customer feedback. You can use these survey questions examples as they are or frame your questions in a similar way.
Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions Examples
Customer satisfaction survey questions are centered around how satisfied the customer is with the product and the company. You can frame the standard customer satisfaction survey questions for your feedback forms using these sample customer satisfaction survey questions.
- How satisfied were you with the way our operator handled your problem?
- Was your issue resolved promptly?
- Were you able to locate products/services/information without assistance?
- Are you happy with your shipping options?
- Did the product arrive on time?
- Did the product meet your expectations?
- Does our product offer value for money? Please rate.
- What made you choose us over the competition?
- Would you recommend our products or services? Why or why not?
- If you could change one thing about our product or service, what would it be?
Read More: 100 Customer Satisfaction Questions
Customer Feedback Survey Questions Examples
Customer feedback surveys are targeted towards the most recent transaction a customer has with the brand. Take a look at how your customer service survey questions should ideally be framed.
- Did we meet your expectations?
- How would you rate your interaction with our employees?
- Did you have any difficulties finding the product you were looking for?
- Did you find the sales process too long or tiring?
- What can we do to make future transactions easier?
- Did you feel comfortable shopping with us?
- What products or services do you wish we carried?
- How could we have exceeded your expectations?
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us regarding your experience?
- Have you used or visited our website?
- Was the website easy to use?
- What would you change about our website?
- What were you using before you found us?
- What did you like about the previous product/service(s)?
- What caused you to leave?
- What does our business do better?
- Is there anything you miss about the previous product/service(s)?
- What problem were you trying to solve when you initially came across our product or service?
Read More: Top Online Survey Software
Quantitative Survey Questions
Quantitative survey questions are used to get quantifiable data on key evaluation metrics. In this section, we will be discussing
- Customer Effort Score
- Net Promoter Score
Customer Effort Score
Customer Effort Score (CES) is a powerful metric to measure the effort put in by customers when they complete a transaction with you. Similar to Net Promoter Score, CES is also one question metric and can be used in conjunction with NPS and CSAT to get better insights into the customers’ minds. Typical CES questions are like this:
- To what extent would you agree with the following: Completing my order was easy?
- How easy or difficult was it for your question or problem to be resolved?
Net Promoter Score
Net Promoter Score (NPS) is an industry-wide recognized metric that is used to measure customer loyalty. The best part about NPS is that it helps you evaluate and measure customer loyalty through just a single question. Dubbed “The one question you need to ask,'' the NPS question is framed as:
Read More: What Is a Good Net Promoter Score
How likely are you to recommend this product/service to a friend or colleague?
Here's a quick video on What is NPS and Why Businesses Use It?
Read More: Checkout List of Top Net Promoter Score Survey Software
#2. Human Resource Survey Questions
Human resource survey question examples primarily deal with the questions related to employee engagement, satisfaction, and training & development. Use these sample employee survey questions as a base for your employee survey questions.
Employee Engagement Survey Questions Examples
Employee engagement survey questions are aimed at identifying the level of involvement an employee has within the organization. You can frame your employee engagement survey around the following questions.
- What would you like to change about your job/workplace?
- What’s your favorite thing about your job/workplace?
- What is the company’s greatest weakness?
- What is the company’s greatest strength?
- Do you see your career developing in this company?
- How challenging or exciting do you find your work to be?
- Do you feel valued by your manager?
- Do you trust other members of your team?
- Do you have all the resources you need to do your job well?
- Do you feel that your contribution is recognized?
- Would you recommend your friends to work here?
- Do you have a clear understanding of your career or promotion path?
- How would you rate your work-life balance?
- Hypothetically, if you were to quit tomorrow, what would your reason be?
- If you were given the chance, would you reapply to your current job?
Employee Evaluation Survey Questions Examples
Employee evaluation surveys are aimed at identifying the strengths and weaknesses of an employee. Given below are examples of survey questions for your employee evaluation survey.
- What accomplishments on this job are you most proud of?
- Which goals did you meet? Which goals fell short?
- What motivates you to get your job done?
- What can we do to make your job more enjoyable?
- In what conditions are you most productive?
- What personal strengths do you have that help you do your job effectively?
- What makes you the best fit for your position?
- What skills do you have that you think could use more effectively within the company?
- What kind of work comes easiest to you?
- What 2-3 things will you focus on in the future to help you grow and develop?
- How can the company help you better meet your goals?
- Which job responsibilities/tasks do you enjoy most?
- Which roles do you least enjoy?
- How do you think your role helps the company succeed?
- What do you like least about your current role? What would you change?
- What do you like most about working for this company?
- What are your most important goals for the next quarter?
- What do you want your next position at this company to be? How would your responsibilities change?
- What professional growth opportunities would you like to explore in order to get there?
- What type of career growth is most important to you?
- How do you prefer to receive feedback and/or recognition for your work?
- What can we do to improve our manager-employee relationship?
Job Satisfaction Survey Questions Examples
Job satisfaction surveys or as they are also known as, employee satisfaction surveys are used to gauge the morale of employees. Employee satisfaction survey questions need to be framed around how the employee feels regarding the job and workplace environment.
- Is there a clear understanding of the goals set by the organization?
- Are you clear on what your role demands in meeting the company objectives?
- Do you believe there is an opportunity for individual growth and development within the company?
- Do you see yourself working for the same organization in the next 2 years?
- Are you satisfied with your job overall?
- How would you rate the team culture?
- Does your team provide you support at work whenever needed?
- If something unusual comes up, do you know who to go to for a solution?
- Do you have all the resources and tools you need to perform your duties well?
- Do your seniors/managers encourage you to do your best?
- Do you feel you are rewarded for your dedication and commitment towards the work?
- Do you feel that your superiors value your opinions?
- Do you feel there is a scope for personal growth such as skill enhancement?
- Does the management involve you while taking leadership related decisions?
- Do you think you are valued by your manager?
- Do you think you go beyond your limits to fulfill a task?
- Do you think you have had enough training to solve customer issues?
- Do you think your personal time is respected by the management?
- Do you think the environment here helps you maintain a work-life balance?
- Does your job cause unreasonable stress to you?
- Do you think the organization has fair policies for promotion for all employees?
- Do you find your job meaningful?
Training Survey Questions Examples
Training survey questions are focused on employee training and development activities. The ideal questions to use in training surveys are shown below.
- What do you expect from this training session?
- Do you think this training session will help you?
- Do you have any expectations regarding the outcome of this training program?
- Are you nervous about taking up this training program?
- Are you looking forward to this training?
- Were you informed beforehand about the specifics of the training session?
- Did you get an itinerary for the session?
- Do you know what the training session will cover?
- Are the timings of the training session convenient to you?
- How likely are you to recommend this session to your friends/family?
- Did the training session meet your expectations?
- Did you enjoy the training session?
- Did you learn something new?
- Was the training session implemented as you had hoped?
- How can we improve the training session further?
- Were the objectives of the training well defined?
- Was participation and interaction encouraged?
- Were the topics covered relevant to you?
- Was the training material well organized and easy to follow?
- How useful was the training material or session to you?
#3. Market Research Survey Questions
Market research is important when companies venture into new markets or are about to launch a new product or service. Market research survey questions include questions on demographics, previous buying behavior, and future expectations. In a market research survey try not to include too many questions about demographics and other sensitive information as that might be a limiting factor to many survey respondents.
- What is your age?
- What is your gender?
- What is your education level?
- Where do you live?
- What is your profession?
- What is your household size?
- What are your biggest challenges?
- What are your primary goals?
- What is most important to you?
- Where do you go for information?
- How do you like to make purchases?
- How likely are you to recommend our brand to a friend?
- How long have you been a customer?
- What problems do we solve for you?
- How does our product/service fit into your daily workflow?
- How well does our product/service meet your needs?
- What do you wish the product/service had that it currently does not?
- What do you like most/least about our product/service?
- What made you choose us over our competitors?
- How would you rate your last experience with us?
- How did you find us?
Questions for Competitor Analysis
- How is our brand doing compared to our competitors?
- How do our competitors effectively attract customers?
- How much website traffic do your competitors receive?
- Which keywords are driving traffic to your competitors?
- Which sources are driving traffic to your competitors?
- How many inbound links do your competitors have?
- What type of content is performing well for your competitors?
#4. Education Survey Questions
Education surveys are equally important for teachers and students. Collecting feedback from students and teachers can help improve school curriculum and environment. Check out the sample questions for student and education surveys below.
Student Survey Questions Examples
Survey questions for students are centered around the students’ workload and its effect on the mind of a student.
- How often does schoolwork keep you from getting enough sleep?
- How often do you worry about school assignments?
- Do you worry about getting into the college of your choice?
- How many hours a day do you spend on homework?
- Does the assigned homework help you learn the material?
- How many hours a week do you spend participating in extracurricular activities?
- What is the main reason you participate in extracurricular activities?
- How much sleep do you typically get on a weeknight? On weekends?
- Where do you typically keep your phone when you go to sleep at night?
- To what extent are you confident in your ability to cope with stress?
- In the past month, how often have you experienced exhaustion, difficulty sleeping, or headaches?
- How often do you try as hard as you can in school?
- How often do you enjoy your schoolwork?
- How often do you find your schoolwork valuable?
- Do your teachers value and listen to students’ ideas?
- Do your teachers treat students with respect?
- Do you feel like you belong at this school?
- Do you feel that other students at this school accept you for who you are?
- How important is it to your parents/guardians that your schoolwork challenges you to think?
- How much do your parents/guardians worry about you getting a bad grade in school?
Teacher Survey Questions Examples
Survey questions for teachers should always center around the curriculum and the relationship of the teacher with the administration. The best survey questions for teachers are shown below.
- Does the school administration care about you as an individual?
- How fairly does the school leadership treat the staff?
- At your school, how valuable are the available professional development opportunities?
- Do you get inputs for your professional development opportunities?
- How often do your school’s facilities need repairs?
- How important is it for your school to hire more specialists to help students?
- How respectful are the relationships between staff and students?
- To what extent are you trusted to work in the way the administration thinks is the best?
- At your school, how objectively is your performance assessed?
- How effective is your school’s evaluation system at helping you improve?
- Does the school staff collectively brainstorm to provide better learning experiences?
- Does the school staff put in extra effort for students with disabilities?
- Were you consulted before finalizing the curriculum for the students?
#5. Event Survey Questions
Event survey questions can be broadly classified into:
- Pre-event survey questions
- Mid-event survey questions
- Post-event survey questions
Pre-event Survey Questions Examples
Pre-event survey questions are set keeping in mind the future arrangements you intend to make for your event.
- How did you hear about the event?
- When are you arriving?
- Which social platform do you prefer?
- How do you feel about the location of the event?
- What are you hoping to get out of the event?
- Have you attended this event before?
- What speakers are you looking forward to most?
- Is there any event information that you couldn't find or access easily?
- Do you have any special needs or disabilities that we can help accommodate?
- Do you have any food allergies or specific dietary needs?
Post-event Survey Questions Examples
Frame your post-event survey questions around the insights you require from your attendees regarding the organization, facilities, and recommendations for future events.
- How satisfied were you with the event?
- What did you like most about the event?
- What did you like least about the event?
- How likely are you to attend one of our events in the future?
- How likely are you to recommend our events to a friend?
- In your opinion, did the event meet the objectives it set in the beginning?
- Which topics/activities would you like to see covered at future conferences/events?
- Was the event staff friendly?
- Did you get all the information regarding the event beforehand?
- Was the event too long, too short, or just rightly timed?
Read More: Check Out 48 Event Survey Questions To Gain Mind-Blowing Insights
#6. Healthcare Survey Questions
Health care surveys mainly include patient satisfaction survey questions, hospital employee surveys, and other surveys regarding confidential patient information. We’ve covered the ideal questions to ask in a patient satisfaction survey below.
- How can we improve our services?
- Was it easy to make an appointment?
- Were you pleased with the check-in process?
- Were you pleased with the check-out process?
- Were you attended to in a timely manner?
- How do you rate the staff that worked to care for you?
- How much concern did the care provider showed for your questions or worries?
- During your most recent visit, did this care provider listen carefully to you?
- Rate the friendliness/courtesy of the care provider.
- Would you recommend our hospital to a family member or friend?
- Are you currently covered under a health insurance plan?
- How often did you receive conflicting information from different medical care professionals at this hospital?
- How satisfied were you with the medical and other facilities available to you?
- Did the hospital staff follow adequate medical safety procedures during the treatment process?
#7. Brand Awareness Survey Questions
Understanding how “aware” your audience is regarding your brand is a crucial step in learning whether you were able to reach out to them successfully. That’s exactly what brand awareness survey questions aim to achieve. Most commonly seen on social media, a few brand awareness survey questions include:
- Did you see an ad for this product/service recently?
- Have you ever used any product from <product brand> before?
- Do you remember seeing an ad for <brand name> in the past week?
- Which word would you use to define this brand?
- Would you recommend this brand to your friends or family?
- How likely are you to recommend this brand to your friends or family?
- Have you always been satisfied with the products of this brand?
- Will you ever return to this brand again?
- Were the products available as per your quality standards?
- Which brand do you remember seeing an ad for this past week?
Read More: How to Conduct Brand Awareness Surveys & What Are the Related Questions
#8. Website Feedback Survey Questions
Creating a good customer experience is crucial, but so is ensuring a smooth user experience. The only way you can achieve this is by asking customers how they like your website and how you can improve upon it further. That’s what website feedback survey does. A few questions you can ask in such surveys include:
- Were you able to navigate through our website easily?
- Did you find all the important information on the website?
- Would you like to see any changes in the website design?
- Does the website meet your expectations?
- Did it take a lot of time for you to find what you were looking for on the website?
- Is our website visually appealing?
- Is our website properly optimized for your device?
- Do you trust the information available on our website?
- Is the information easily visible on our website?
- How likely are you to recommend this website to a friend/colleague?
#9. Sales Survey Questions
The most common survey question type are sales survey questions. Post-sales, every customer is asked to undergo a quick survey. This way, companies get insight into whether their customers are happy with their purchase-process, products, and services. The two main instances wherein companies ask for customer feedback and the sales survey questions that are asked include:
- Was the product reasonably priced?
- Did you find it difficult to find the product you liked?
- Was it easy to go through with the purchase?
- Is there any way we can improve the overall buying experience?
- If we can, please tell us how you’d like us to change.
- Did you receive the same product you placed an order for?
- Is the quality as per your standards?
- Does the product look exactly like the images shown online?
- Is the product worth the price mentioned on the app?
- Will you buy a product from us again?
#10. Transport Survey Questions
Carpooling, taking a cab, booking a bus or train ticket, and taking a flight to your destination has become really common among people nowadays. And with a rise in demand there are numerous companies that offer this service. In this case, companies ask customers to travel survey questions after the customers reach their destination. A few examples of such questions are:
- Was your trip comfortable?
- Were the seats allocated to you available at the time?
- Were the seats clean?
- Did you have any difficulty boarding or finding the bus/cab?
- Was the bus/cab driver polite?
- Did the flight attendants cater to your needs?
- Did the flight attendants give you the basic safety information?
- Was the food served during your journey of good quality?
- How would you rate your journey on a scale of 1 to 10?
- Will you travel with us again?
#11. Lead Generation Survey Questions
Capturing leads and converting them into potential customers is crucial to keep your business booming. Not only that, lead generation helps you generate brand awareness and build a brand image among your target audience. A few lead generation questions you can add in your survey include:
- Are you looking to buy something online in the next quarter?
- Have you heard of <this brand>?
- Are you solely responsible for your company’s budget?
- Are you planning to save money?
- How often do you order food online?
- Have you ever bought clothes online?
- When was the last time you bought something?
- What’s the most common thing you bought online?
- How do you decide on a brand when finalizing a product?
- What would matter more to you: price or quality?
#12. Non-Profit Survey Questions
Non-profit organizations cover a large network of donors, volunteers, and other staff. Surveys for non-profit organizations can cover fundraising events, volunteer feedback and so on. Good survey questions examples for nonprofits are shown below.
Volunteer Feedback Survey Questions Examples
- How much of an impact do you feel your work here has had?
- How convenient were the volunteer training sessions?
- Did you find the volunteer training sessions to be helpful?
- How easy was it to get along with other volunteers?
- Did you find the staff easy to get along with?
- Do you feel appreciated by your supervisor?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your association with our organization?
- How likely are you to continue volunteering for our organization?
- How many hours a month do you spend volunteering?
- How likely are you to recommend this organization to a friend or colleague?
#13. How to Gather Feedback
Now that we’ve covered good survey questions to ask in an online survey, let us discuss the various methods of feedback collection. Online survey maker tools have made it possible to share your surveys and questionnaires across a plethora of channels. Some of these channels are:
Surveys can be shared with users through emails. Email continues to be one of the most popular methods of feedback collection. It is especially useful for collecting information that will take the customer some time to fill. Email surveys provide customers the convenience to undertake the survey in the comfort of the home and in their own time.
Pop-up surveys are primarily used when a customer just arrives at a website or is about to leave the site. These are good for quick feedback collection as they often help in changing a customers’ exit intent.
Survey widgets or sidebar forms are methods of data collection where the survey remains on the web page as an extension towards the side. The customer can take part in the survey by clicking on the sidebar whenever they desire.
Through Social Media Links
Every day more and more users actively join social media. This makes social media surveys and survey links shared on various social media channels an active site of lead generation and engagement for the company.
Hopefully, these RIGHT questions will help you get the RIGHT insights from the RIGHT customers. Stay tuned to access more survey questions from the most comprehensive survey questions databank on the internet.
Read More: Check Out the Ways to Collect Customer Feedback
Do you want a free Survey Software
We have the world’s most versatile survey tool starting at $0