More than 50% of Americans have given up on a planned purchase or transaction because of bad customer service.
Goes on to show that businesses shouldn’t take customer service for granted. After all, no one in the competitive market can afford to lose its customers. And all though it’s a given fact, we still witness how customers leave a business after having one bad experience. In case your business has witnessed such customers who have withdrawn themselves from your brand, then it is time you ask yourself the “what went wrong” question.
- Is it the lack of 24/7 availability to your customers?
- Is it the inability to provide instant support to your visitors that help you convert them as buyers?
- Or is it the lack of a medium that helps you keep your customers and site visitors engaged with the brand that ultimately leads to a delightful experience?
Well, the answer to all the above questions is - yes. You lack a medium that helps you provide 24/7, instant customer support that builds a delightful customer experience journey. Although we have chatbots in place to accomplish the goal. But what better way there is other than a website chat software to provide your customers a more humanized and personalized experience possible.
If such a reason isn’t sufficient enough for you to understand the importance of the tool for your business website, then let’s take a look at what experts have to say below.
- Recently eConsultancy conducted a survey that found Live Chat generates the highest satisfaction -73% - of any customer service channel.
- Whenever a customer is doing business with you, they want a frictionless experience. Live Chat provides a very responsive channel where you can get issues resolved immediately. It equates to a real-time response which is what customers expect. In addition, Live Chat can actually help improve your overall buying experience by proactively helping you at various touch points such as while you are browsing products or at checkout. And any time you can reduce the path to purchase for a customer it is always a pretty good thing.
- Of course, if you do promote Live Chat on your website, make sure it is operational. The worst thing you can do is say you have Live Chat but when a customer selects it, it isn't functional. Make sure you deliver on the promise. If you offer it, make sure it works.
Easily build a seamless experience with live chat to resolve queries in real time and improve customer delight rate.Tweet this
- Live Chat can be a great way of 'engaging' with customers as an 'option' for them.... if that's what they want!
- It should be very much seen as an 'option' rather than the answer to all problems.
- The 'chat' should be responsive and done in the style, language, and tone of the customer - it should look and 'feel' personalized to that individual.
Engage in a tone with customers that is more personalized and be more responsive with live chat on your website.Tweet this
Must Read: Why you should use live chat?
- Chatbots do not create lasting impressions with your customers. Is C-3PO going to be able to upsell a customer on another product/service your company makes because of his positive interactions with them? Definitely not.
- Customers are growing savvier and can detect a chatbot almost in seconds. Visitors to your site will quickly grow annoyed with the lack of personal attention and move on.
- Live chat provides the warmth, intuition, and instincts that only humans have. Add that to an instantaneous interaction platform (chat) in an instant gratification world, and you have a powerful combination to impress and wow your customers.
- People are increasingly hesitant to call. Think about your own experience – aren’t you more likely to text someone than call them? Customers would rather email, text, or chat than hop on the phone as the initial point of contact.
- Live chat gives your customers an avenue to talk to an expert in your company who can build a relationship with them, however brief.
- Depending on your implementation, chat applications can usually track what the customer has been doing on the site before they chat with someone. That gives your live chat reps incredible insight on helping the customer and what else they might be interested in. Your reps should use that to their advantage!
Customers may not experience the same warmth and instincts while receiving a solution from a chatbot yet when compared to a live agent. Tweet this
- Greater satisfaction- Different customers have different preferences when it comes to the communication channels they use. Adding live chat software to your website will increase the satisfaction of those customers who prefer that channel.
- Conversation record- Live chat software typically allows customers to download a transcript of the conversation once it is finished. This is a great feature when the conversation has included a commitment from the business.
- Greater customer productivity- Self-service websites and FAQ pages are great when inquiries are simple in nature because there’s no waiting – customers can quickly achieve their objective. Sometimes though, inquiries may be more complex and customers need to speak to someone. So they hunt around for your number (which you’ve buried deep on your website to reduce the load on your call center), then work your way through your 4 level IVR, then wait in a queue all the while tying up their phone line and/or being distracted by your hold music. Live chat software enables customers to quickly start a conversation and if there’s a queue, allowing them to continue doing what they’re doing on their laptop or phone. The software will let them know when an agent is available. For them, it’s a more productive way of waiting in line.
Reaching your customers becomes simple with live chat on your website. Plus it helps your customers boost productivity and speak to the concerned person in charge.Tweet this
- It resonates with a significant demographic that is familiar with messaging apps, and so has important customer engagement potential.
- It also facilitates text analysis as a bridge to obtaining robust voice of customer (VoC) insight.
- When done right (e.g. Emirates in my personal experience) it is without a doubt an ideal means of creating empathy and reducing customer effort, two crucial Customer Experience attributes to grow and protect.
Live chat takes your business and customer support service one step closer towards automation while maintaining the empathy towards visitors.Tweet this
- Since texting and social media have made short messages the mainstream method of communication, live chat is now being adopted and deployed by more companies across more channels than ever before to improve the customer experience. Here are four reasons why more and more brands are deciding it’s time to chat with their customers:
- Convenience: Chat allows today’s hyper-connected customers to stay online, avoid IVRs and call queues, and multitask while they’re seeking customer service - all keys to convenience which is a huge consideration for today’s consumer. Not only is service via live chat fast and immediately accessible, but it’s typically more personalized than other forms of online service, too – resulting in higher customer satisfaction rates.
- Cost Efficiency: Live chat is a cost-conscious choice for organizations that want to provide more personalized service options. Customers get one-on-one assistance from a live customer service representative at their convenience, while companies save because behind the scenes, agents can handle multiple chats simultaneously. Chat is also known to increase first contact resolution rates.
- Functionality: Companies can utilize live chat in a game, on a form, in an application, as part of their knowledgebase or with an online shopping cart. It can even be deployed on a brand’s Facebook page – and on the pages of their brand’s website with the highest exit rates.
- Increased Sales: Chat not only keeps consumers from abandoning online shopping carts and order forms, but it can also be an upselling and cross-selling tool. Agents can view a customer’s purchase and service history and suggest related products and services, or upgrades, during the chat.
Watch for the chat to continue its rise as a preferred customer service channel as more and more time- and convenience-conscious consumers turn to it for prompt, yet personalized service.Tweet this
- Business is done from people to people, in the B2B context, too, and therefore potential customers need a way to connect with a real person from the company. Live Chat can provide that not only for consumers but for B2B customers, too.
- Typically B2B solutions are quite complex and raise a lot of questions, Live Chat is a great way to clarify those matters promptly (time is money as you know!)
- When you want to know more about some business, product or service, it doesn't mean you want the whole sales pitch and all the harassment that comes with presenting a simple question! Live chat can be a way to give information for the customer and probe subtly rather than sending your sales guys after them.
- Often B2B is separated from B2C, and it makes sense regarding target audiences. What is unfortunate that often that also includes separating people from business. It is almost like a company has a life of its own (which it legally speaking has); however, companies are formed of people doing work (and using systems, websites, and all kinds of things while doing it). Such thinking leads to a bias where in many cases business people are treated differently, and worse than consumers would be. Thus, the importance of live chat software on a business website comes down to:
B2B businesses will benefit from Live Chat solutions as much as consumer businesses do. If not even more!Tweet this
- It will help you connect more with customers. Think of a website as a storefront and Live Chat as the perfect store employee. I use perfect because you can set it up such that the interaction level is goldilocks not too hot, not too cold.
- It will increase sales conversion. I had a client that had a 98% online business but everything else staying the same introducing live chat lifted conversion by 2 points. Live chat makes customers feel more comfortable whether they are buying digitally or not.
- It's the right thing to do for a frictionless customer experience. No one wants to have to start and interaction online only to have to call if they have a question!
With live chat, connect more and instantly, increase sales, and provide a delightful customer experience. Tweet this
- The success of any communication channel that you provide your customers lies in their ability to quickly and efficiently resolve their issue. Live chat can be an amazing service to your customer, but your intention in how it gets designed and executed should be mainly on providing delightful customer service and not cost reduction. While cost reduction can be an outcome of your experience design – the intention to serve will ensure that you design a practical solution for your customer.
- The questions you should ask: “Is this the right channel for my customers to find a solution? Do I have the resources, bandwidth, and technology to empower my live chat agents to provide my customers with a solution from simple to the more complex? Does this channel align with the overall end-to-end experience I want to deliver to my customers?”
- For a live chat to be effective, the agent should provide a natural conversation that is responsive, quickly identifies the cause, and provides a solution that does not require the customer to move to another communication channel for resolution. Agents should be empowered to support the full spectrum of support from easy to more complicated. Selecting the right technology that supports a compelling end-to-end solution is critical to the success of the live chat. Customers trained by messaging apps, expect the ability to have asynchronous communication that allows for distractions from their every-day life. If this is a chat in a technical support environment, the transcript of the resolution should be provided to the customer so that they can incorporate that solution into their knowledge base. Selecting the right technology to support the designed experience enables a live that chat delights customers with a quick and easy path to resolution.
Selecting the right technology that supports a compelling end-to-end solution is critical to the success of the live chat. Tweet this
Taking into account the expert advice on the importance of using live chat software on a business website, this is what we’ve gathered as a final takeaway for you.
As a business, you get to connect with people efficiently if a live chat tool is placed on your website. Not only does it help to improve your leads, but also provides a platform for your operators to help visitors walk through the sales funnel. From instant answers to real-time support, the software does it all. No more do you have to witness a scenario where visitors leave your website with dissatisfaction and a bad experience in mind.
The tool helps your operator at providing a personalized and humanized experience to site visitors, thereby building a lasting impression of your brand in the market. The avenue also allows your visitors to communicate directly with an expert at your company, which in return helps them come back to the same place for their other product related queries too.
What’s more? Your operators get to save visitor data as leads which they later can nurture over a period of time and ultimately convert them into buyers with the live chat tool in place. With so much to look out for in a chat software, there is no way you can avoid its integration to your business website. So, in case you are yet to add a live chat tool at your site, then it is time you do it now or else you might miss out on a lot of customers in the coming times.