A Co-Worker is in Danger. . . Could You Save a Life?
Take this Red Cross Lifesaving Quiz to Find Out!
Questions and Answers
The Cardiac Chain of Survival is a sequence of steps that should be followed during an emergency in which a person suffers sudden cardiac arrest. Each link in the chain is critical. Put the links in the Cardiac Chain of Survival in the correct order.
1) Early defibrillation — delivers an electrical shock to the heart with an automated external defibrillator (AED)
2) Early advanced medical care — a team of medical professionals arrives and takes over by providing advanced care and transport to a medical facility
3) Early CPR — keeps oxygenated blood flowing to the brain and other vital organs
4) Early recognition and early access — a bystander recognizes an emergency and calls 9-1-1 or the local emergency number
A. 1, 3, 2, 4
B. 3, 2, 4, 1
C. 4, 3, 1, 2
A person is unconscious. Put the steps that should be taken in the correct order:
1) Tap the person and shout
2) Open airway
3) Check for signs of life (movement and normal breathing)
4) Check the scene for safety
A) 3, 2, 1, 4
B) 3, 2, 4, 1
C) 4, 1, 2, 3
D) 1, 3, 1, 2
If a choking person is coughing forcefully, what should you do?
Pat the person on the back forcefully
Give abdominal thrusts
Encourage the person to continue coughing
None of the above
CPR is a combination of —
Chest compressions and abdominal thrusts
Chest compressions and rescue breaths
Abdominal thrusts and finger sweeps
Rescue breaths and abdominal thrusts
You come upon a person who has pale or bluish skin color, cold skin and dull or sunken eyes. These
are symptoms of which medical emergency?
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation is an emergency procedure that combines chest compressions often with artificial ventilation in an effort to manually preserve intact brain function until further measures are taken to restore...
Questions: 8 | Attempts: 61168 | Last updated: May 11, 2021
You should check for responsiveness by doing one of the following:
It’s an underrated skill to be able to save a life in an emergency. Most people are content with leaving medical practice to the professionals, but there’s never any harm in improving your own ability to help in a...
Questions: 10 | Attempts: 17861 | Last updated: Oct 16, 2020
You find an unconscious adult that does not respond to a gentle shake and shout, what must you do next?