2. Explain the term : Photosynthesis with an example
3. Wheat dough if left in the open, after a few days, starts to emit a foul smell and becomes unfit for use. Give reason.
4. Explain : Insectivorous plants
Nitrogen is an essential nutrient for plants growth. But farmers who cultivate pulses as crops like green gram, bengal gram, black gram, etc., do not apply nitrogenous fertilisers during t cultivation. Why?
13. What are the various raw materials for photosynthesis?
Insectivorous plant among the following is
(c) pitcher plant
(d) bread mould
In the plant of cactus leaves are modified into
7. If iodine is dropped on the boiled leaf it gives blue-black colour due to the presence of
8. In the process of photosynthesis, plants
Take O2 and release CO2
Take CO2 and release O2
Take and release O2
Take O2 and release water
Food is necessary for plants only.
10. Chlorophyll is present in an animal cell.
Fungi are green plants that can synthesise their own food.
Cell organelles help in the survival of cells through harvesting energy, making new proteins, and getting rid of dead cells. There exist about 12 organelles in a cell, and each has a specific objective that helps the body to...
Questions: 16 | Attempts: 77965 | Last updated: Mar 22, 2022
Here is an interesting Transcription and Translation quiz that is designed to predict how well you comprehend the transcription and translation of DNA in Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes. Translation and Transcription are two...
Questions: 10 | Attempts: 58481 | Last updated: Mar 22, 2022
A Cell builds it's proteins from the Instructions encoded inits _________?
How well do you about the fundamental unit of life, cells? Can you pass the quiz? All of us were taught in school that the cell is the basic fundamental unit of our lives. But are you confident about the fact that you remember...
Questions: 15 | Attempts: 40265 | Last updated: Mar 22, 2022
A cell will swell up if ___________________________.