2) You must obtain score of 70 % to pass the exam.
3) You can take the online exam two (2) times per $90 fee.
4) You do not have to complete the exam in one sitting.
5) You can download the manual on the STS OTCO page to read PRIOR to attempting the exam.
6) REMEMBER TO SAVE OFTEN!
7) You can stop, save your place, and resume at a later date.
8) Your results will be emailed the Ohio Department of Health.
9) Your Certificate of Completion will be downloaded to your computer.
OTCO Class A Wastewater Course (For STS Renewals)
The objective in using this Ohio EPA Class A Training Manual course to to educate individuals on the basics of wastewater treatment from a small system perspective or to borrow a phrase from Dr. John Buchanon: "Small Pipe People".
Being a 'Big Pipe Person" since 1976 and a Class III Wastewater Operator since 1987, I can easily take for granted the knowledge one can acquire regarding the efforts to protect our natural, renewal resource: Water let us not forget we are to protect public's health.
This particular manual was a labor of love from the Ohio EPA's Compliance Assistance Unit also know as the USEPA Region V, 104g training group. I thank the Ohio EPA for supporting their efforts since the 1980's. I particular want to recognized one of the humble unsung heroes of our profession Mr. Keith Kroeger. Keith retired in 2015 from Ohio EPA was a driving force for small wastewater systems outreach in throughout Ohio. Keith Kroeger, thank you and enjoy your retirement.
Rick Keith Rick John
Established by Section 104(g)(1) of the Federal Clean Water Act, the four CAU members help bring wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) facilities into compliance and/or to maintain compliance. Our goal is to improve the water quality of our streams, rivers, and lakes by assisting WWTPs that need help in meeting their National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.
The Compliance Assistance Program seldom works without total commitment from community officials. In order to achieve success, we need the same level of commitment from everyone involved: village administrators, superintendents, plant operators, etc.