12 Questions |
By Jacksonmatthews | Last updated: Mar 12, 2014
| Total Attempts: 97
Questions and Answers
The endocrine system initiates the changes that take place at ______ and governs many changes that are associated with ageing including the menopause.
The pancreas lies just behind the lower part of the stomach, and is the second largest organ in your body, after the skin as a whole.
The inner medulla and outer cortex of the adrenal glands, are glands located on top of the ______ and secrete several different hormones.
In males the two testes produces androgens, male sex hormones such as testosterone, while in females the ovaries produce estrogen and progesterone.
There are different stages in the female menstrual cycle:- (Select Three)
The Proliferative Phase
The Secretory Phase
The Destructive Phase
The symptoms experienced at menopause:- (Select Six)
Mood swings or depression
Not enough estrogen
Our body can manufacture about 75 percent of our cholesterol from other foods we eat, the remaining 25 percent comes directly from cholesterol-containing foods, if cholesterol is eliminate entirely, hormone imbalance may be the result.
Questions: 6 | Attempts: 513 | Last updated: Mar 12, 2014
Approximately twenty-eight studies have looked at the relationships between oestrogen replacement in the form of oestradiol or conjugated oestrogens (such as Premarin), and, through a statistical test known as metanalysis, they have suggested that oestrogen replacement therapy is associated with an increase in the risk of breast cancer ranging from 1 to 30 per cent.
Are you wondering if you are pregnant? Here is the 'Am I Pregnant Quiz' that can be of your assistance. Getting pregnant is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world. It is the first stepping stone to motherhood....
Questions: 14 | Attempts: 233772 | Last updated: Nov 9, 2021
Is your menstrual cycle usually on time, but a week late this month? The more delayed your periods are getting, the more are the chances of you getting pregnant.
You know that you are probably going to have a baby someday, but do you know when? Well, we can guess that out for you. Take this quiz on 'What Age Will I Get Pregnant' and get to know how old will you...
Questions: 10 | Attempts: 188429 | Last updated: Oct 17, 2021
Okay, the very first thing: When do you want to get pregnant?