A man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says, “Thank you.” and walks out. Why? (2 marks – You will be judged on the reasoning used for arriving at your answer).
Slumdog Millionaireis the based on a novel written by which Indian author? (1 mark)
What does the combination Ctrl F do in Microsoft Excel? (1 mark)
If 1.5x=0.04y then the value of (y-x)/(y+x) is (1 mark)
There is a man who lives on the top floor of a very tall building. Everyday he gets the elevator down to the ground floor to leave the building to go to work. Upon returning from work though, he can only travel half way up the building by the lift and has to walk the rest of the way! He can get the elevator up to the top floor only when it’s raining. Why? (2 marks – You will be judged on the reasoning used for arriving at your answer)
During a slide show, which key would you use to make your presentation screen go white? (1 mark)
The 60th and 62nd British Prime Ministers had the same mother and father but were not brothers. How do you account for this? (2 marks)
If a plane crashes on the Italian/Swiss border, where do you bury the survivors? (2 marks)
Name the international brand which owns Lotus Development Company. (1 mark)
How many faces do you see on the picture (3 marks):
Name neighbouring countries of Vatican. (2 marks)
Who is the painter of this piece of art (2 marks):
Name 2 non-edible feedstock for producing Biofuel which can be found in India? (1 mark)
Who filed and won the public interest petition for flying the Indian flag on non-government buildings and premises. (1 mark)
Write a 20-step process for preparing a cup of Tea. (3 marks – You will be judged on the comprehensiveness and logical flow of the process)
Name the daughters of Barrack Obama (1 mark)
List of Facts
1. There are 5 houses (in a row) painted 5 different colors: Blue, Green, Red, White and Yellow.
2. In each house there lives a person of a different nationality: Brit, Dane, German, Norwegian or Swede.
3. These 5 owners each drink a certain beverage: Beer, Coffee, Milk, Tea or Water.
4. They also smoke a certain brand of cigar: Bluemaster, Dunhill, Pall Mall, Prince or Blend.
5. Additionally, they also keep a certain type of pet: Cats, Birds, Dogs, Fish or Horses.
6. The owners DO NOT have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage.
List of Clues
1. The Brit lives in a Red house.
2. The Swede keeps Dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks Tea.
4. The Green house is on the left of the White house.
5. The Green house owner drinks Coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears Birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks Milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps Cats.
11. The owner who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks Beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the Blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks Water.
Who keeps fish? (12 marks)
A light-tight wooden box has three switches on the outside that control three light bulbs on the inside. When the box is closed you can turn the switches on or off but when you open the box how can you tell which switch controls each bulb without touching the switches? (4 marks)
On my way to the fair, I met 7 jugglers and a bear, every juggler had 6 cats, every cat had 5 rats, every rat had 4 houses, every house had 3 mice, every mouse had 2 lice, and every louse had a spouse. They really enjoyed it. How many in all are going to the fair? (1 mark)
Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world? (1 mark)
How can you use the letters in NEW DOOR to make one word? (2 marks)
What colour is the M on McDonald’s logo? (1 mark)
If a red house is made of red bricks, and the pink house is made of pink bricks, and the black house is made of black bricks, and the blue house is made of blue bricks, what is a greenhouse made of? (1 mark)
Host city of Winter Olympic Games in 2014? (1 mark)
Who got the Nobel Prize in Maths In 2010? (2 marks)
First Woman who got a Nobel Prize? (1 mark)
Which country is on the image: (3 marks)
Name the best male tennis player in 2010. (1 mark)
"How much will one cost?"
"How much will fifteen cost?"
"OK then, I'll take one hundred and sixteen"
"Thank you, that will be 75 cents please"
Explain why. (3 marks)