How do you individually interact with computers? In your written response be sure to reference some significant concepts address in class such as:
- What is a computer?
- What types of computers and operating systems are there?
- What are key components of a computer?
- What is the World Wide Web?
- What is a search engine?
- What is a web 2.0 application (user generated content websites)?
- How do we evaluate websites?
- How do we use the Internet to communicate?
- What impacts does online communication have on society? On our privacy?
- What is data?
- Does the easy access of data have more of a positive or negative impact on society? How can the consequences be minimized?
- How can we visualize data?
- What is a computer program?
- What instructions does a computer program need?
CATEGORYBEGINNERINTERMEDIATEADVANCEDCLAIM Weak thesis that reveals little about how the writer uses computers in their everyday life.Some interesting ideas that reveal the writer’s rapport with computers but could be developed.Strong thesis that reveals how the writer uses computers in their everyday life.EVIDENCEWeak knowledge of computer science, which supports the writer’s claim.Some computer science content is incorrect.Strong knowledge of computer science, which supports the writer’s claim.WRITTEN STRUCTUREWeak argument. Ideas are hard to follow.Some areas of writing could be clearer or more developed.Well-developed argument.