Using a stop-watch, Tom measured the time for a motor car to pass through 2 streetlights. The reading was 1.2 s. If the reaction time of Tom is 0.2 s, what is the maximum possible percentage error of his measurement?
A boy throws a ball vertically upwards as shown.
What is the displacement of the ball when it returns to its starting point?
5 m upwards then 5 m downwards
In the following figure, a ball runs on a smooth rail from P to Q.
Which of the following graphs best represents the variation of the distance d travelled by the ball with time t?
Balls A and B are thrown vertically upwards and downwards respectively.
If their initial speeds are the same, which of the following statements is/are correct when they meet?
(1) Their displacements should be the same.
(2) Their speeds should be the same.
(3) Their accelerations should be the same.
(1) and (2) only
(1) and (3) only
The following graph shows that quantity X is directly proportional to time t.
Which of the following can be the quantity X?
(1) Velocity of a freely falling object with negligible air resistance.
(2) Displacement of an object moving at constant velocity.
(3) Distance travelled by an object moving with constant acceleration.