Join expert faculty for a discussion of current screening recommendations for colorectal cancer screening and projects designed to improve compliance with colorectal cancer screening. Colon cancer is a leading cause of cancer-related death in the U.S. Screening for colorectal cancer is an important part of preventative healthcare. What are the current colorectal cancer screening recommendations? How effective are the different screening options? How can you improve compliance with colonoscopy screening?
Webinar participants will be able to:
- Describe appropriate screenings for colon cancer
- Articulate the importance of documenting discussions with patients about screening and the results of screening
- Discuss colorectal cancer Quality Improvement initiative created by CRICO-insured physicians to improve screening for colon cancer
- Marc Garnick, MD - Garman Brothers Clinical Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Genitourinary Medical Oncologist,Cancer Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Brian Green, MD - Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Regional Medical Director, Cambridge Health Alliance
- Ramona Lim, MD - Associate Physician, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana - Farber Cancer Institute
Continuing Medical Education
CRICO/Risk Management Foundation of the Harvard Medical Institutions is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CRICO/RMF designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category I Credit™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is designed to be suitable for 1.0 hours of Risk Management study in MA.
Activity Release Date: 10/1/2017
Activity Review Date:
Activity Termination Date: 9/30/2020