Painted by Joseph W. Furnell (1905–1991). Part of the artwork collection at Valence House Museum. Built in 1815, Wellington Mill stood 80 yards east of London Road. The Smock Mill was occupied by a local fisherman, John Brown, and an early nineteenth-century brick house stood beside it. In 1828, the Mill was described as a substantial built tower windmill, with fan tail, residence, cottage, granary and outbuildings. The use of wind power continued until 1905 and in 1906 the miller, Edwin William Firman, is listed as using electric power. Sadly, the Mill rapidly deteriorated and was demolished in 1926.