Painted by Ronald L. Kiddier (b.1924). Part of the artwork collection at Valence House Museum. The Civic Centre at Dagenham is a Grade II listed building, designed by E. Berry Webber and officially opened on 16th October 1937. There is a semi-circular council chamber at the rear. In 1967 an extension, sympathetic to the original design, was opened. The construction is of Mulberry coloured stocks laid mainly in English bond with Portland stone dressings.