Where are double negative T cells found? - ProProfs Discuss
Topics
Products
Follow Us:

Where are double negative T cells found?



A. Bone marrow
B. Cortex of thyroid
C. Medulla of thyroid
D. Cortex of thymus
E. Medulla of thymus

This question is part of

Block 2 Hematopoeisis
Asked by HAYES, Last updated: Mar 31, 2020

+ Answer
Request

1 Answer

John Smith

John Smith

Answered Sep 09, 2016

Bone marrow-all t cells originate from haematopoietic stem cells in the bone marrow. haematopoietic progenitors derived from haematopoietic stem cells populate the thymus and expand by cell division to generate a large population of immature thymocytes.[6] the earliest thymocytes express neither cd4 nor cd8, and are therefore classed as double-negative (cd4-cd8-) cells. as they progress through their development they become double-positive thymocytes (cd4+cd8+), and finally mature to single-positive (cd4+cd8- or cd4-cd8+) thymocytes that are then released from the thymus to peripheral tissues. about 98% of thymocytes die during the development processes in the thymus by failing either positive selection or negative selection, whereas the other 2% survive and leave the thymus to become mature immunocompetent t cells
 

Search for Google images
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer
Search for Google images
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer
Search for Google images
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer

Email Sent
We have sent an email to your address "" with instructions to reset your password.