The correct answer is option D - All of the above.
Government official is someone who is in charge of a government position and is involved in public administration either by election, employment or appointment.
A school teacher is considered a government employee because he or she operates in a facility provided by the government. The son of a physician in a state government hospital is a government official due to the fact that he is an employee in a public enterprise. An honorary title holder is considered a government official because of their public achievements.
A government official may include any of the following:
1. Any employee of a government agency
2. any employee of a government-owned or nationalized company (e.g., a physician in a state-owned hospital; employees of state owned enterprises, such as utilities, telecommunications, entergy or railroad companies.
3. Any employee of a government controlled or state-run company (through share ownership, board membership or right to appoint officers) (e.g., employees of public/private ventures, a government-funded technical joint vetnure or develpment constortia; governement cotnrol over the board of directors of a public company through a golden share.
4. Consultants and advisors to a government owned or controlled, state-run or nationalized company. (e.g., a quasi-governmental business development comapny or inward investment promotion company)
5. Persons acting in an official capacity for or on behalf of a government or public international organization (e.g. an ambassador-at-large.
6.Political party representatives (e.g., a factory manager who is also a low ranking local party official).
7. Candidates for public office (e.g., a school board member).