Which of the following would be considered appropriate guidelines for Internet etiquette ("Netiquette")?
A. Keep e-mails professional and courteous. B. Use appropriate language (e.g. correct grammar and spelling). C. Avoid forwarding SPAM (electronic junk) to others. D. Identify yourself: begin e-mail messages with a greeting and end them with your name (and contact information). E. All of the above.
The etiquette guidelines that govern behavioral composure of individual when communicating on the Internet is well referred to as netiquette. Netiquette does not only covers rules of behavior during discussions but also guidelines that reflect the unique electronic nature of the platform.
The following are major online Netiquette
• Identify yourself: Begin mail with salutation and end them with your name.
• Include a subject line: Give a descriptive phrase or Subject description in the subject line of the message header that tells the topic of your mail.
• Avoid sarcasm: So as to avoid misinterpretation
• Respect others' privacy: avoid quoting or forwarding personal email without the author's permission.
• Acknowledge and return messages promptly.
• No spam (a.k.a. junk mail). Don't contribute to worthless or uninformative information on the Internet.
• Be concise
• Use appropriate language: Avoid rough, or rude language and strictly observe grammar errors and spellings.
• Use appropriate emoticons (smileys) to help convey meaning.
• Use appropriate intensifiers to help convey meaning.