social workers are responsible for helping individuals, families and groups of people to cope with problems they’re facing to improve their patients’ lives. The main aim of social workers is to help people develop their skills and their ability to use their own resources and those of the community to resolve problems.
The National Association of Social Workers' (NASW) identify some core values of social workers. This include:
1. Service — which is to help people in need and address social problems.
2. Social Justice — challenge social injustices
3. Respect the dignity and worth of the person
4. Give importance to human relationships
5. Integrity — behave in a trustworthy manner
6. Competence — practice within the areas of one's areas of expertise and develop and enhance professional skill.