What happens if someone drinks spoiled milk? - ProProfs Discuss
Topics
Products
Follow Us:

What happens if someone drinks spoiled milk?

What happens if someone drinks spoiled milk?

Change Image    Delete

Asked by F.William, Last updated: Mar 25, 2020

+ Answer
Request

8 Answers

C.Charlotte

C.Charlotte

Answered Mar 17, 2020

Some people assume that drinking spoiled milk is not very bad, but actually, it can be very bad. It will be hard for your digestive system mainly because it can be problematic for your digestive system. If you think that food poisoning is a joke, you should know the things that people who have experienced it have gone through. Food poisoning can cause unbearable stomach cramps and diarrhea. There are also a lot of people who have vomited because of food poisoning. Remember that food poisoning may sometimes occur days after you have eaten something which can make it harder to trace what caused food poisoning in the first place. You should definitely not expose yourself to this ordeal by not drinking spoiled milk.
 

C.Charlotte

C.Charlotte

Answered Mar 16, 2020

Spoiled milk is lactic acid. It is formed because the bacteria in the milk changes the milk to sugar acid. One reason for this is if milk is not left cold and left in a warm area. In the warm space, the bacteria will multiply, making the acid turn sour. Another reason is if the milk is not consumed in a timely manner. The taste of it is very displeasing, but if a person consumes sour milk, there will not be many consequences. The only thing they may experience is indigestion and maybe weight loss if it makes them sick.
 

Answered Mar 13, 2020

You might have an upset stomach and might get really sick but I have done it and nothing bad happens because it was 2 days but if it is a week then that is bad.

 

C.Charlotte

C.Charlotte

Answered Mar 12, 2020

There are certain risks that can be associated with drinking spoiled milk. One of the most common things that may happen is that people will suffer from food poisoning. This can be very uncomfortable. Some people will have diarrhea or will start to feel abdominal pain.

There are also some people who will start to vomit uncontrollably and will become dehydrated. It is best for people to avoid drinking spoiled milk to avoid possible consequences. Take note that spoiled milk will have a certain taste and texture that will let you know if it is not safe for drinking anymore. You do not want to go through the trouble of experiencing digestive stress.

 

Boris Groysman

I am a construction and reconstruction contractor specializing in home and kitchen remodeling. Hobby music

Boris Groysman, Construction, San-Diego.Ca

Answered Feb 21, 2020

Nothing terrible will happen. The chances of indigestion and weight loss are there.

1
 

Christian Jackson

Christian Jackson, Content Developer, Austin

Answered Aug 06, 2018

Spoiled milk is basically lactic acid, which is formed due to the bacteria changing the milk sugar to acid. When milk is left in a warm place, certain bacteria in the milk start to multiply. They feed on the milk sugar and change it to lactic acid which turns the milk sour. It may taste disgusting, but this amount of lactic acid isn’t bad for the body.

In fact, this is the first process before milk is turned into yoghurt or cheese. It is also used in place of baking soda in baking. Hence, when you accidently drink some bad milk, it will not harm you. However, the bacteria present may result in some indigestion if taken continuously.

 

M. Krasinski

M. Krasinski, Content Writer, Columbus

Answered Jul 05, 2018

By 'spoiled milk' I think you refer to milk that has 'gone off' or is past the state where it can be called 'fresh'. Such milk that is old, or has been left in a warm place will be undergoing change. The bacteria feed on the lactose at a rapid rate causing it to convert into a mild lactic acid. This tastes sour and to curd. However unpleasant, this is not harmful for it forms the base of yoghurt and cheese.

This soured milk is useful in baking, as it can be a substitute for baking soda. In times gone by, the housewife depended on 'off' or soured milk for some of her baking recipes such as biscuits, flapjacks an sourdough. You need not worry, therefore, if you have drunk some spoiled milk the tasted sour and with a thickened texture like curd. It will not harm you.

 

C. Reyes

C. Reyes

Answered May 09, 2018

The consequences of drinking spoiled milk can be mild. However, sometimes they can be quite nasty, such as a sick stomach. You are likely to throw it all up within an hour of drinking spoiled milk. However, people who drink spoiled milk are likely to suffer from food poisoning due to all the harmful and unhealthy bacteria that has grown inside the milk.

Sometimes the food poisoning won’t have a significant effect on one’s everyday life. In severe cases however, it can last for a few days. The effects also depend on when and where the milk has become spoiled.

 

Search for Google images
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer
Search for Google images
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer
Search for Google images
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer

Email Sent
We have sent an email to your address "" with instructions to reset your password.