Monday.com is one of the most sought-after project management tools which helps you get started with customizable project templates in minutes. This comprehensive tool comes with interesting features like collaborative task management, project milestones tracking, visual workflows, intuitive project dashboards, and more. But, it may not suit the needs of all businesses.
Monday.com is subscription-based and can turn out to be pricey for small to mid-sized teams. There are a number of advanced project management features but it can get very complex for a new user to understand and use the project workflow.
Further, the bulk update feature can become challenging for projects with large boards. Hence, you need to look for Monday alternatives to boost productivity.
In this blog, let’s look into the top 10 Monday alternatives, their key features, pros and cons associated with their usage, pricing details, and more.
What is Monday?
Monday.com is an intuitive project management tool that helps you plan, schedule, and track project workflow on a real-time basis. Its flexible workflow ensures easy onboarding of your team and the ability to access visual dashboards to see the project progress. Also, with real-time tracking and notifications, you can ensure better productivity for your team. The next section gives you a clear idea of why you need to look for alternative tools for Monday.com.
Why Look for Monday Alternatives?
With visual dashboards, customizable workflows, Gantt chart views, and workload management features, Monday.com is a comprehensive project management software.
But, it may not work out well for varied project needs. For small businesses, it turns out to be expensive. Also, the dashboards can get complex and difficult to navigate for large projects. While doing so, many users have experienced slow loading of pages. Even the bulk update feature becomes tricky to handle.
For example, when you try to add various project details at once and update the same, all the changes do not get reflected properly on the dashboard. This can make your project tracking process slow and inefficient. These limitations call for a monday.com alternative with more flexible features, cost-effective pricing, better navigation, and more. Let’s take a look at the desired features in Monday Alternatives.
The Features Monday Alternatives Must Have
While choosing monday.com alternatives, look for advanced project capabilities like colorful dashboards for project tracking, automatic invoice generation, project milestone tracking, and so on. Let’s understand these features in detail:
- Customized templates to start off with a project. This avoids the hassle of creating a project from scratch.
- Visual dashboard to track the real-time progress of your project.
- Communication and collaboration feature for hassle-free interaction with your team members.
- Cost-effective pricing with a free trial to understand the project features in-depth.
- Automatic billing and invoice generation to better calculate the cost associated with each team resource.
- Ability to handle multiple clients on a single dashboard.
While choosing an alternative to Monday.com, you need to keep certain factors in mind like user reviews, features, ratings, and so on.
Our Selection Criteria for Monday Alternatives
Our selection criteria for Monday Alternatives is based on thorough research and comparison of features of different tools, their offerings, and listing on several product review platforms. Along with these, we have kept the following factors in consideration::
- Comprehensive project management features: The alternative tool must involve core project management features like project tasks and subtasks creation, visual dashboards for project tracking, automatic billing and invoice generation, and more.
- Minimum 20 user reviews on GetApp and Capterra: Comprehensive user reviews help you understand the in-depth performance of a product before making its purchase.
- Strong ‘likelihood to recommend’ rating: An 8/10 ‘likelihood to recommend’ rating means that the tool is well sought after by people online.
- Positive ‘features and functionality’ rating: Make sure that the Monday alternative has a ⅘ rating on GetApp and Capterra when it comes to ‘features and functionality.
Let’s dive deep into the top 11 alternatives to Monday.com.
Best Monday.com Alternatives
There are a number of project management tools that can replace Monday.com to handle your organization’s projects. But, it can get overwhelming to choose from wide sources available in the market. To reduce your efforts, here is a list of the top 11 alternatives to Monday.com with their features, pricing, pros, and cons.
ProProfs Project is one of the best project management tools. With ProProfs Project, you can track your project progress using colourful gantt charts. Also, you get access to three interesting project views: calendar view, kanban view, and project view.
Key features of ProProfs Project:
- Create tasks, subtasks, track task dependencies and task deadlines.
- A single dashboard to handle multiple clients.
- Track billable hours for each team member.
- Get instant client invoices.
- Communicate with your team members using task comments and threaded replies.
- 15 day free trial of any of the two available plans.
- Essentials plan starts at $2/user/month
- Premium plan starts at $4/user/month
Pros and Cons of ProProfs Project:
|Simple UI||Low integration options|
|Easily track employee productivity with timesheets|
|Automatic billing and invoicing system|
|Easy to handle multiple clients on a single dashboard|
Hygger is another project management software that helps you to streamline your project workflows with ease. You can see the most important tasks using a swimlanes feature. If you are looking for timely project delivery, you can use the WIP (work in progress) limit available within this project tool.
Key features of Hygger:
- Create custom fields to create and view task lists.
- Use kanban boards and sprint boards to visualize your project progress.
- Highlight the most important tasks on your board using swimlanes.
- Reduce multitasking and task switching using WIP limits.
- Give scores to your tasks to prioritize the most important tasks.
- Try Hygger for free for the first 50 tasks.
- The price of Standard plan:
- Annual subscription: $7/user (20% discount or 2 months for free).
- Monthly subscription: $9/user.
- The price of Enterprise plan:
- Annual subscription: $14/user (20% discount or 2 months for free).
- Monthly subscription: $18/user.
Pros and Cons of Hygger:
|Clean and easy to setup interface||Tricky to access timeline view|
|Guest users can be easily assigned to separate boards||Difficult to export data|
|Easy to setup multiple boards|
|Hassle-free manner of assigning and reassigning users to tasks|
nTask is another team collaboration tool to plan, execute, and track your project progress with ease. The best part is that you can create unlimited sub-tasks and create to-do lists to plan your project systematically. With the projects docked view, you can easily switch between multiple projects in no time.
Key features of nTask:
- Easily plan your projects by setting accurate budgets, currency, allocating adequate resources, and more.
- Collaborate with team members on personal chat or use the reply later option.
- Easily manage recurring tasks with the repeat tasks option.
- Visualize your project progress with Gantt charts.
- Set milestones and optimize your project progress with ease.
- 14 days free trial
- Forever free plan
- Premium plan starts at $3.99/month/user
- Business plan starts at $11.99/month/user
- Enterprise plan on contact
Pros and Cons of nTask:
|Reliable meeting management tool||Difficult to attach documents and photos|
|Affordable pricing||Limited customization and formatting options|
|Good integration option with Google Calendar and Outlook|
ClickUp is an all-in-one Monday.com alternative with interesting task management, customization, and reporting features. You can easily import your work from other productivity apps like Trello, Wrike, Basecamp, and so on. On a single dashboard, you can set up goals for your team members and keep them focused.
Key features of ClickUp:
- Customize the task status based on its progress.
- Manage processes by creating checklists and assigning them to your team members.
- Use workload charts to identify overloaded resources and reallocate the tasks.
- With agile board view, you can check all the team tasks on a single dashboard.
- Assign a value to each task with the scrum points feature.
- Forever free plan
- Unlimited plan at $9/member/month
Pros and Cons of ClickUp:
|Versatile customization options||Initial setup can be tricky|
|Easy to provide project access to guest users||No option to assign reminders for individual tasks|
|Simple interface to keep track of goals and timelines|
|Multiple ways to view lists: board view, calendar view, and so on.|
Basecamp is another comprehensive project management software that can be easily used by anyone ranging from a project manager to a startup owner. You can easily organize your project on spreadsheets or .doc files. When it comes to scheduling, you can easily subscribe to events on Outlook or Google Calendar.
Key features of Basecamp:
- Use message boards to pitch ideas or post announcements.
- With automatic check-in features, create recurring questions.
- Use group chats to interact with your team members.
- Easily share files, documents, spreadsheets, and more across different teams.
- To-do lists keep you focussed on the tasks, deadlines, discussions, and so on.
- 30-day free trial
- $99/month flat price.
Pros and Cons of Basecamp:
|Easy to collaborate with clients and vendors||Tricky to integrate with google calendar|
|Good options to create different themes for different projects||Not an intuitive UI|
|Reliable message board to communicate with team members||No option to automatically copy a recurring task|
|Cost-effective yearly plan|
Bitrix24 is another cloud-based collaboration tool that helps you create visual and attractive projects in minutes. Be it at the individual or group level, you can easily set KPIs and deadlines for your projects. The task dependency feature makes it convenient to establish logical relationships between tasks.
Key features of Bitrix24:
- Use to-do lists to easily organize your tasks.
- Track your project progress with dynamic Gantt charts.
- Turn email or conversations into a task.
- Hassle-free integration with CRM tools.
- Basic free plan
- Special plans
- Start+ plan starts at $17/month
- CRM+ plan starts at $48/month
- Project+ plan starts at $48/month
- Business plans
- Standard plan starts at $49.50/month
- Professional plan starts at $99.50/month
Pros and Cons of Bitrix24:
|Good integration options||Complex reporting feature|
|Flexible collaboration and communication features.||Difficult to access call records|
|Convenient client and customer tracking|
Freedcamp is another popular software for managing projects in a streamlined and focussed manner. You can easily create a setup and access features like milestone tracking, calendar management, discussions, and more. The best part is that you can even add personalization features like custom url and brand logos to your projects.
Key features of Freedcamp:
- Create invoices for your clients in one click.
- Easily locate your desired information using the widget board feature.
- Use a task board to view all your tasks in one place.
- Integrate with 3rd party tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, Google Calendar, and so on.
- Use Kanban boards and Gantt charts to track your project progress.
- Free plan
- Minimalist plan starts at $2.49/user/month
- Business plan starts at $8.99/user/month
- Enterprise plan starts at $16.99/user/year
Pros and Cons of Freedcamp:
|Cost-effective plans||Too many options to manage teams and roles. It can get complex in the long run.|
|Good customization feature||The dashboard is difficult to navigate.|
|Reliable integration options|
|Easily see recaps on each board|
JIRA is an advanced tool with comprehensive project management capabilities. In addition to the numerous customization options, you can easily integrate with the popular third-party tools. The road mapping feature allows you to set actionable goals for your project and achieve them in a step-by-step manner.
Key features of JIRA:
- Create customizable scrum boards and kanban boards for your project.
- Use agile reporting to get real-time actionable insights for your project.
- With the automation engine feature, easily automate your tasks and processes.
- Connect with Jira mobile app and work on the go.
- With Jira cloud, easily communicate and collaborate with your clients.
- Basic free plan for 10 users
- Standard plan starts at $70/month
- Premium plan starts at $140/month
- Enterprise plan available on contact
Pros and Cons of JIRA:
|Easy to track your tasks with minimal efforts||Tricky to configure for first-time users|
|Powerful customization options||Limitations on the upload file sizes|
|Good options for third party integrations and plugin options|
|Option to categorize user stories|
MavenLink is a reliable project management software that gives you a clear roadmap to actionable project workflows with ease. For example, with the project pulse feature, you get to see the real-time health of your project. Also, you can streamline communications on a single platform, be it threaded comments or file sharing.
Key features of MavenLink:
- Access a detailed overview of your project progress with Gantt charts, threaded communications, and more.
- Use the automation feature to create reusable templates from existing project files.
- Understand the financial insights of your project using Mavenlink insights.
- Easily integrate with third-party tools like Salesforce, HubSpot, Slack, and so on.
- Use resource management features to understand your team members’ skill sets, workloads, assigned projects, and more.
- Customized plans based on requirements
Pros and Cons of MavenLink:
|Robust reporting feature||Lack of flexibility in setting user roles|
|Easy to customize task lists||Complex integration option|
|Reliable budgeting and invoice generation|
|Easy to collaborate with team members as well as clients|
NutCache is another simple and easy to setup project management software. There is an option to use a Gantt chart to plan, execute, and analyze your project details in a productive manner. Interestingly, you can set up alerts to notify yourselves of overshooting the project expenditure.
Key features of NutCache:
- Option to set a timer for each task to calculate your billing and expenses.
- Enhance project clarity with intuitive smart boards.
- Get real-time notifications and updates on tasks.
- Easily share documents and personal messages while communicating with your team members.
- Setup project milestones to better track project progress.
- Basic free plan
- Pro plan starts at $6/user/month
- Enterprise plan starts at $12/user/month
Pros and Cons of NutCache:
|Easy to set up||Limited customization options|
|Reliable way to generate client invoices||Gantt charts have a very basic feature|
|Easy to manage and follow up on your project tasks|
Podio is a comprehensive project management tool to plan multiple projects for your team and ensure that they work in a distraction-free environment. With the help of dynamic boards, you can see the clear progress of your projects online. You can easily start a one-to-one group chat using the instant messaging option and share across valuable information in a team.
Key features of Podio:
- Easily collaborate with your team members through online discussions or by adding comments.
- Integrate with various 3rd party tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, CampaignMonitor, Zendesk, and more.
- Use the Podio mobile app and access your project contents on the move.
- Make use of recurring task options and get repetitive tasks done on time.
- Customize calendars to only view the relevant tasks.
- Free plan, free for 5 employees
- Basic plan starts at $9/month
- Plus plan starts at $14/month
- Premium plan starts at $24/month
Pros and Cons of Podio:
|Easy to set up different workspaces based on company locations.||Difficult to change workspace for an employee when they shift to a new location.|
|Easy to customize||Limited reporting abilities|
|Reliable project communication and collaboration.|
|Easy to calculate field workflow in PHP or java format.|
Comparison Chart of Best Monday Alternatives
|Features/ Products||Starting Price||Kanban Board||Scrum||Gantt Chart||Calendar View||Time Tracking||3rd party integrations||Mobile Apps||Free trial|
|ProProfs Project||Essential plan starts at $2/user/month||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hygger||Standard plan starts at $9/user/month||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|nTask||Forever free plan||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|ClickUp||Forever free plan||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Basecamp||$99/month flat price||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bitrix24||Basic free plan||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|JIRA||Free plan for 10 users||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|NutCache||Basic free plan||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Podio||Free plan, free for employees||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Do you want a free Project Management Software?
We have the #1 Online Project Management Software starting at $0