- This extensive training class usually takes students 4 to 6 hours to complete
- This is the same training material that is taught in our classroom session
- There are roughly 140 PowerPoint slides which you can download and keep at the end
- You can save your progress by clicking save in the top right corner, then come back to complete if needed
- Skipping sections is not allowed
- There is a 50 question test at the end of the course
- A downloadable certificate will be awarded for passing grades of 80% or higher
- NMEA members (or people who join as new members on the nmea.org website) that take this course get the 0400 Installation Standard (320 page document) FREE after course completion. The NMEA staff will verify your membership and send you an electronic copy.
- Non-NMEA members that take this course can purchase the 0400 Installation Standard at the price of $300. Please email [email protected] if you wish to purchase.
This is an introductory course in marine electronics installation that clarifies and defines competent installation practices. Topics include: Ohms law, grounds, battery and battery chargers, DC wiring, EMI, coaxial cables, antennas, AIS, marine VHF radios, transducers,radar, heading sensors and NMEA data interfacing.
An MEI certificate is an indication of a working knowledge of NMEA’s 0400 Installation Standard.