This training has been created by Choices For Children (CFC) for Santa Clara County Child Care Providers and Center staff. This unit provides the knowledge and skills to follow the best practice, Division of Responsibility, messages in feeding young children. Based on the 5 Keys to Raising a Healthy Happy Eater parent education class, this training provides the same key messages which Health Care and Community agency providers and parents have received. Best practice feeding behaviors in child care environments help to prevent childhood obesity.
This training is funded by the Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit Program
This course takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete. Please read each page. You'll be asked to apply what you learn with interactive exercises. It would be helpful to have paper and pen available to write down your thoughts.At the end of the course, there's a short quiz. Although you will not be graded, you must complete the entire course then take the quiz. When you're done, you can print out the "Certificate of Completion" for your records.How to use and navigate the course: Use the arrow keys in the top right hand corner to move to the previous or next page. You can also navigate by using the Course Outline. Please do not use your internet browser back/forward button to navigate because they may not work exactly the same as the course navigation.
Learner centered Objectives:
By the end of this training you will have: 1) Analyzed your eating behavior for its affect on children
2) Compared challenging eating behaviors with normal child eating behaviors
3) Recognized that eating is a skill that caregivers can help children learn.
4) Distinguished how caregivers can support childtren's eating behaviors.
5) Reviewed the 5 keys responsibilities as they fit into the child care environment.
6) Selected three behaviors to practice, which support children in child care programs.Please enter your name then: click the forward arrow at the top of the page to continue>