Microsoft Exam 70-620: TS: Microsoft Windows Vista Client
[edit section] Free Microsoft MCSE Exam 70-620 Study
[edit section] Other Microsoft Resources
- Microsoft Certification Forums
- Microsoft Certification Webschool
- Microsoft Exam Quiz School
- Microsoft Certfication Flashcards
- Microsoft Certification Books
[edit section] Microsoft Exam 70-620: Windows Vista
The Microsoft MCSE 70-620 Windows Vista exam is a universally-recognized certification exam that tests you in your knowledge of installing, configuring, and administering Windows Vista. According to Microsoft, typical candidates for this certification have already had some experience with Windows clients, such as 2000 and XP, and have worked in a mid-to-large size computing environment before. In practice, many candidates for this exam have neither worked in a large computing environment or have had extensive practice with Windows Vista before. The exam does not test you on your ability to use Vista, per se, but rather on your ability to install, configure, and administer the software.
It is important for you to understand that this exam does not cover the actual use of Windows Vista, but rather, the configuration of Vista for business and enterprise purposes. That being said, a power user would have only a slight advantage over a typical user of Vista as the exam does not cover the gimmicks and special features of Vista.
[edit section] MCSE 70-620 Exam Specifics
70-620 Exam Costs: $125 each attempt. You can buy exam vouchers of VUE or Prometric to get a discount. Many online vendors also offer discounts for specific exams; read more in the “vouchers” section to learn more about exam discounts through vouchers.
70-620 Exam Location: You can register for the exam at any Pearson VUE and Thompson Prometric center. (Pearson VUE will discontinue selling Microsoft professional certification exams after August 31, 2007. To accommodate those who purchase Microsoft professional certification exams through August 31, 2007, Pearson VUE will continue to administer the exams through December 31, 2007.)
Time Allocated: 90 minutes per exam
Total marks: Graded from 100-1000 marks
Minimum Pass Marks: 700
Number Of Questions: 50-60 questions per exam
Exam Code: 70-620
70-620 Exam format: Linear format; computer-based test (CBT) Validation Period: Certification expires after around four to five years (when new and more relevant Microsoft products are released)
Score Report: Delivered immediate on test completion.
[edit section] 70-620 Exam Pattern
The question types found on the Microsoft Windows Vista exam are:
- Multiple Choice with Single answer: Student is required to select a single answer from a range of options (generally 4-5) by clicking on a radio button.
- Multiple Choice with Multiple answers: Student is required to select more than one answer from a range of options by clicking on a checkbox; when more than one answer is required, the number of answers is specified as part of the question.
- Exhibit Based: Some questions from the above types will have special exhibits or evidence that you must use to answer the questions.
- You may also be required to click one of 4-5 areas on an exhibit to select a correct answer.
[edit section] MCSE 70-620 Exam Objectives:
- Installing and Upgrading Windows Vista
- Configuration and Post-Installation Settings
- Windows Security
- Maintaining and Optimizing Windows Vista Systems
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Mobile Computing
This is only meant as quick overview of the basics of the exam and what it covers. If you are 100% committed to following through with your entry into the happy world of Microsoft certification, we would highly suggest that you visit the Microsoft website at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-620.mspx . Note that these numbers are our own and do not necessarily reflect the percentages of content that Microsoft uses in the examination.