Free Microsoft MCSE Exam 70-290 Study: 70-290 Exam Study Guide
[edit section] MCSE 70-290 EXAM: Managing and Maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Welcome to the ProProfs FREE Microsoft MCSE Exam 70-290 Study School. The 70-290 is one of the many stops you will make on your road to becoming MCSE certified and you need look no further than ProProfs for your study preparation towards the MCSE 70-290 Windows Server 2003 exam. Here you will find resources that will help you to excel and ace the 70-290 exam. Our school provides you online access to resources required to gather skills and knowledge to quickly become Microsoft-certified. All resources and study material are totally free to all certification candidates and learners:
[edit section] Microsoft 70-290 Exam Overview
The Microsoft 2003 Server Exam, 70-290, is one of the core exams of the MCSE, MCSA, and even the MCDBA (Database Administration) certification tracks. The exam is designed to test a candidate’s knowledge of managing a Windows Server 2003 environment. It also tests the candidate’ ability to configure Windows Server 2003 to work with key Windows features and operate efficiently over a Windows network.
Exam Costs: $125 each attempt. You can buy exam vouchers of VUE or Prometric to get a discount. Many online vendors also offer discounts for specific exams; read more in the “vouchers” section to learn more about exam discounts through vouchers.
Exam Location: You can register for the exam at any Pearson VUE and Thompson Prometric center.
Time Allocated: 3 hours per exam
Total marks: Graded from 100-1000 marks
Minimum Pass Marks: About 700
Number of Questions: 40-60 questions per exam
Exam Code: 70-290
Pre-requisites: None. Experience of managing Windows 2003 network of many users is recommended
Exam format: Linear format; computer-based test (CBT)
Validation Period: Expires after around 4-5 years (when new and more relevant Microsoft products are released)
Score Report: Delivered immediate on test completion.
[edit section] 70-290 Exam Question Types
- Multiple Choice with Single answer: Student is required to select a single answer from a range of options (generally 4-5) by clicking on a radio button.
- Multiple Choice with Multiple answer: Student is required to select a range of options. The number of options to select is specified.
- Fill in the Blank: Student is required to type in the missing text to complete the sentence.
- Exhibit-based: Note that some questions will require the student to actively use exhibits presented in order to correctly answer the question
- Simulation: Some questions on the exam will require the user to accurately perform certain actions in a simulated Windows Server environment
[edit section] ProProfs FREE MCSE Exam 70-290 Study Guide
ProProfs FREE Windows Server 2003 study guide will help you ace the 70-290 exam. While the exam can test concepts and facts that seem foreign to you, our guide hits on all of the key tested points while sticking to the basics and providing a real-world approach to many tested areas. The guide is packed full of exam-tested items in an easy-to-read, “article-a-day” format. Of course, you can work at the pace you require, but the articles are designed to be concise and are generally quick reads, with comprehension (exam) questions at the end of each of the articles. Using this guide on a regular basis and completing the study questions will certainly help you on your path to certification. And just like all resources at ProProfs, the MCSE Exam 70-290 study guide is completely free to all students and built on the latest version of the exam.
[edit section] Windows Server 2003 Practice Tests and Questions
Experience the “real thing” before you enter the room of no return by taking our useful 70-290 certification practice tests & practice questions. While the exam costs around $125.00 per attempt, you can attempt our practice exams as many times as you’d like and for no cost to you!
Check Quiz School For Practice Questions 70-290 Practice Questions At Quiz School
[edit section] 70-290 Windows Server 2003 Discussion Forums
We also have an active Microsoft certification discussion forum where you can discuss Windows Server 2003 exam where you can ask questions, discuss the exam, share notes, tips & more. Join thousands of students from around the world, along with trainers, professionals & professors, in your Microsoft certification study.
- Search for an answer
- Post your question & get instant replies
- Access study notes of other students and share your notes
Guests can browse. Members can post!Register & Join Now!
[edit section] 70-290 Links
- MCSE 70-290 Exam Forum
- MCSE 70-290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- Microsoft Exam Home
- More About The MCSE (Article)
- MCSE Exam 70-290 Study Guide
- 70-290 Exam Practice Questions At Quiz School
- Check for links tagged 70-290 at webschool
- MCSE Exam 70-290 Test Flashcards: A compilation by Cbrzana
- Exam 70-290 Test Tips: A thread by Cbrzana
[edit section] Other Microsoft Resources
- Microsoft Certification Forums
- Microsoft Certification Webschool
- Microsoft Exam Quiz School
- Microsoft Certfication Flashcards