Plate Tectonics Questions
I Like This Game ( Liked by 0 people )
How to play Crossword Puzzle?
- Click on an across or down clue.
- Type in the answer on puzzle.
- Background turns green on correct answer.
- Continue until the puzzle is solved.
- Clicking "hint" reveals a letter without awarding points.
- Clicking "word" reveals entire word without awarding points.
- Fill more answers in less time for higher score.
A crossword puzzle reviewing all of the terms used on our Plate Tectonics study guide (the yellow flip book)
- the area or zone where one tectonic plate gets forced under
- type of plate boundary: this happens when plates slide past each other (fancy scientific name is called transform plates)
- type of plate boundary: plates moving together- causing the plates to fold and create mountains OR causing one plate to go under the other, allowing magma to escape to make a volcano (fancy scientific name is called convergent)
- type of plate boundary: plates moving apart- causing the magma underneath the plates to escape (fancy name is called divergent plates)
- _________ boundary: this what scientists call the edges where two (or more) tectonic plates meet
- _________ tectonics: the idea or theory that the earth's crust is made of large plates that move over time
- _________ drift: the idea or theory that the continents once existed in a giant super continent and moved to where they are now by the force of tectonic plates
- a force that means the build up or creation of new land (often formed by cooling magma)
- a force that means the break down or destroying of land (usually happens when plates are destroyed and melted back into magma)
- fancy name for crust - includes not just the crust but also the solid part of the upper mantle
- layer sandwiched between the crust and outer core
- the center of the earth- includes the inner core and outer core