Plate Tectonics Crossword Puzzle Game
Created By: farquhkk
I Like This Game ( Liked by 0 people )
How to play Crossword Puzzle?
- Click on an across or down clue.
- Type in the answer on puzzle.
- Background turns green on correct answer.
- Continue until the puzzle is solved.
- Clicking "hint" reveals a letter without awarding points.
- Clicking "word" reveals entire word without awarding points.
- Fill more answers in less time for higher score.
Plate Tectonics Crossword Puzzle Game DescriptionA crossword puzzle reviewing all of the terms used on our Plate Tectonics study guide (the yellow flip book)
Plate Tectonics Crossword Puzzle Game Hints
- the area or zone where one tectonic plate gets forced under
- type of plate boundary: this happens when plates slide past each other (fancy scientific name is called transform plates)
- type of plate boundary: plates moving together- causing the plates to fold and create mountains OR causing one plate to go under the other, allowing magma to escape to make a volcano (fancy scientific name is called convergent)
- type of plate boundary: plates moving apart- causing the magma underneath the plates to escape (fancy name is called divergent plates)
- _________ boundary: this what scientists call the edges where two (or more) tectonic plates meet
- _________ tectonics: the idea or theory that the earth's crust is made of large plates that move over time
- _________ drift: the idea or theory that the continents once existed in a giant super continent and moved to where they are now by the force of tectonic plates
- a force that means the build up or creation of new land (often formed by cooling magma)
- a force that means the break down or destroying of land (usually happens when plates are destroyed and melted back into magma)
- fancy name for crust - includes not just the crust but also the solid part of the upper mantle
- layer sandwiched between the crust and outer core
- the center of the earth- includes the inner core and outer core
Related Crossword Games