LITERARY TERM crossword puzzle game
Created By: Marissac3
I Like This Game ( Liked by 0 people )
How to play Crossword Puzzle?
- Click on an across or down clue.
- Type in the answer on puzzle.
- Background turns green on correct answer.
- Continue until the puzzle is solved.
- Clicking "hint" reveals a letter without awarding points.
- Clicking "word" reveals entire word without awarding points.
- Fill more answers in less time for higher score.
LITERARY TERM crossword puzzle game DescriptionLearn your terms
LITERARY TERM crossword puzzle game Hints
- A short tale told by a character in a literary work
- When a character in a drama makes a short speech that the audience can hear but not the other characters
- The repetition of the fist letter in a word
- A person or force which opposes the protagonist in a literary work.
- - The repetition of vowel sounds in a literary work, especially in a poem
- A reference in one literary work to a character or theme found in another literary work
- In literary theory and aesthetics, authorial intent refers to an author's intent as it is encoded in his or her work.
- the traditional social ideals of the American...US, such as equality, democracy, and material prosperity.
- noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
- A person, or any thing presented as a person, e. g., a spirit, object, animal, or natural force, in a literary work
- The method a writer uses to reveal the personality of a character in a literary work..._____ization
- The point in a story when you hit the turning point to which the rising action follows
- Chronology is the science of arranging events in their order of occurrence in time
- to show the similarities
- Sources of information outside of words that readers may use to predict the identities and meanings of unknown words
- in the plot a conflict occurs when some person or force opposes the protagonist
- conversation between characters
- a particular form of a language that is peculiar to a specific region or social group
- An author's choice of words. Since words have specific meanings, and since one's choice of words can affect feelings, a writer's choice of words can have great impact in a literary work
- In literature generally, a major work dealing with an important theme.
- An example of figurative language that states something that is not literally true in order to create an effect.... figure __ _____
- In literature, a way of saying one thing and meaning something else...... ________ Language
- A reference to an event which took place prior to the beginning of a story or play
- A character in a play who sets off the main character or other characters by comparison
- In drama, a method used to build suspense by providing hints of what is to come
- A literary type or form. Drama is a genre of literature. Within drama, genre include tragedy, comedy and other forms
- A figure of speech in which an overstatement or exaggeration occurs.
- a group of words whose meaning cannot be predicted from the meanings of the constituent elements
- A person or character whose behavior is predictable or superficial
- A judgement based on reasoning rather than on direct or explicit statement
- A word or group of words in a literary work which appeal to one or more of the senses: sight, taste, touch, hearing, and smell
- The action of one object coming forcibly into contact with another.
- Irony takes many forms
- form of irony, the result of an action is the reverse of what the actor expected
- form of irony, the audience knows something that the characters in the drama do not
- A figure of speech wherein a comparison is made between two unlike quantities without the use of the words "like" or "as
- The atmosphere or feeling created by a literary work, partly by a description of the objects or by the style of the descriptions
- a distinctive feature or dominant idea in an artistic or literary composition
- An unverifiable story based on a religious belief or things that don’t exist.
- The person that is telling the story but they did not write it they could be one of the people that in in the story.
- something based on facts, real events or people, such as a biography or history.
- A literary device wherein the sound of a word echoes the sound it represents
- A combination of contradictory terms
- express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words, esp. to achieve greater clarity.
- A figure of speech in which something nonhuman is given human characteristics. _____ification
- The structure of a story. The sequence in which the author arranges events in a story.
- A piece of literature contains a speaker who is speaking either in the first person, telling things from his or her own perspective, or in the third person, telling things from the perspective of an onlooker.______ of ______
- uses “I” and “we”
- this uses “you”
- Type of Third person, the narrator is able to see into the mind of a single character
- type of third person, they know everything; thoughts, feelings, and actions may be related to the reader.
- The hero or central character of a literary work.
- A play on words wherein a word is used to convey two meanings at the same time
- the basic cause, source, or origin of something
- a word, letter, or number placed before another
- In poetry, a pattern of repeated sounds
- Recurrences of stressed and unstressed syllables at equal intervals, similar to meter
- uses words in a certain way to convey meaning or to persuade, ______ devices
- a statement that is formulated as a question but that is not supposed to be answered, Rhetorical______
- he art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, esp. the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.
- the action of repeating something that has already been said or written.
- A piece of literature designed to ridicule the subject of the work.
- A figure of speech which takes the form of a comparison between two unlike quantities for which a basis for comparison can be found, and which uses the words "like" or "as" in the comparison
- In drama, a moment when a character is alone and speaks his or her thoughts aloud
- When and where somethign takes place
- A lyric poem of fourteen lines whose ryhme scheme is fixed.
- speaker literary is the voice in a poem or the narrator of the story
- in fiction results primarily from two factors: the reader's identification with and concern for the welfare of a convincing and sympathetic character, and an anticipation of violence
- An author's method of treating a character so that the character is immediately identified with a group
- Many things enter into the style of a work: the author's use of figurative language, diction, sound effects and other literary devices
- A device in literature where an object represents an idea
- provides an answer to the question What is the work about? also known as a main idea
- expresses the author's attitude toward his or her subject.
- the author's style, the quality that makes his or her writing unique, and which conveys the author's attitude, personality, and character
- follows the cause
- Show the differences
Related Crossword GamesLooking for crossword games similar to LITERARY TERM crossword puzzle game?
É um jogo educativo, para crianças entre os 6 e os 12 anos. Para a sua realização é necessário…
Things that have to do with Thanksgiving
Unit 2 Display Professional Etiquette
crossword puzzle game
Unit 2 Display Professional Etiquette
Unit 1 Display Professional Image
MJ Songs By MJ When It All Begin ( page )
PLAY AND ENJOY ;)
TTS KIMIA ASAM DAN BASA
Belajar Kimia dengan Games TTS KIMIA\r\ndi\r\nhttp://www.trigpss.com/