Diabetes Crossword Puzzle Game
Created By: stannette
I Like This Game ( Liked by 1 people )
How to play Crossword Puzzle?
- Click on an across or down clue.
- Type in the answer on puzzle.
- Background turns green on correct answer.
- Continue until the puzzle is solved.
- Clicking "hint" reveals a letter without awarding points.
- Clicking "word" reveals entire word without awarding points.
- Fill more answers in less time for higher score.
Diabetes Crossword Puzzle Game DescriptionPathophysiology, treatment & complications
Diabetes Crossword Puzzle Game Hints
- The vast majority of diabetic patients have this type of diabetes
- Type two diabetes is a disorder of insulin _________.
- This syndrome is characterized by elevated insulin, triglycerides, LDLs, BP and low HDLs
- Fasting serum glucose of greater than or equal to this number is diagnostic of diabetes
- This laboratory value measures the amount of glucose that has attached to Hgb for 90-120 days
- this hormone is responsible for transport and storage of glucose in liver, muscle & fat cells
- this type of insulin works within 30 minutes to an hour and peaks in one to three hours
- this is an example of an intermediate acting isulin
- this insulin has no peak
- this is an example of an antidiabetic medication that increases production of insulin from the pancreas
- This is the prototypical Biguanide medication
- Patients taking biguanides may damage this system when receiving contrast media
- The diabetic diet should contain 10-20% of this nutrient
- The majority of calories should come from this nutrient (abbreviation)
- this glucose range represents the "safe zone" for exercise
- this complication of diabetes may be worsened with exercise
- This treatment should be ordered immediately for DKA patients (two words)
- this type of fluid should be administered immediately for DKA patients
- this medication should ONLY be administered for patients with a pH
- This syndrome (abbreviation) describes severe hyperglycemia in the type II DM patient
- This complication of diabetes presents with confusion, irritability, sweatering and tremors.
- This parenteral medication should be administered to patients with severe hypoglycemia
- This procedure requires patients to lay face down for 2-6 weeks.
- This is an early symptom of failing kidneys in diabetic patients
- This medication may be prescribed for diabetic neuropathy
Related Crossword Games
Irregular verbs/ Past simple
Complete the crossword puzzle by changing the verbs inside the parenthesis to past simple tense.
Irregular Verbs in past tense
Complete the crossword puzzle with the verbs in their past tense form.
Person of Interest
POI Crossword Game