I Like This Game ( Liked by 2 people )
How to play Crossword Puzzle?
- Click on an across or down clue.
- Type in the answer on puzzle.
- Background turns green on correct answer.
- Continue until the puzzle is solved.
- Clicking "hint" reveals a letter without awarding points.
- Clicking "word" reveals entire word without awarding points.
- Fill more answers in less time for higher score.
Pathophysiology, treatment & complications
- The vast majority of diabetic patients have this type of diabetes
- Type two diabetes is a disorder of insulin _________.
- This syndrome is characterized by elevated insulin, triglycerides, LDLs, BP and low HDLs
- Fasting serum glucose of greater than or equal to this number is diagnostic of diabetes
- This laboratory value measures the amount of glucose that has attached to Hgb for 90-120 days
- this hormone is responsible for transport and storage of glucose in liver, muscle & fat cells
- this type of insulin works within 30 minutes to an hour and peaks in one to three hours
- this is an example of an intermediate acting isulin
- this insulin has no peak
- this is an example of an antidiabetic medication that increases production of insulin from the pancreas
- This is the prototypical Biguanide medication
- Patients taking biguanides may damage this system when receiving contrast media
- The diabetic diet should contain 10-20% of this nutrient
- The majority of calories should come from this nutrient (abbreviation)
- this glucose range represents the "safe zone" for exercise
- this complication of diabetes may be worsened with exercise
- This treatment should be ordered immediately for DKA patients (two words)
- this type of fluid should be administered immediately for DKA patients
- this medication should ONLY be administered for patients with a pH
- This syndrome (abbreviation) describes severe hyperglycemia in the type II DM patient
- This complication of diabetes presents with confusion, irritability, sweatering and tremors.
- This parenteral medication should be administered to patients with severe hypoglycemia
- This procedure requires patients to lay face down for 2-6 weeks.
- This is an early symptom of failing kidneys in diabetic patients
- This medication may be prescribed for diabetic neuropathy