Everything You Need To Know About Security

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 Quinntessential

Quinntessential

Sr. Expert

• 1,677 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:49 AM

I was searching through the Internet and came across a brilliant site that will teach you everything you need to know about security.

If you want an overview of Security Organizations, Security Information Sites, General Information/Overviews, General Information Databases, Security Criteria, Security Incident Response Teams, Information Warfare, Some Vendors' Security Bulletins, Security News and Journals, Security newslists/e-periodicals, Privacy, and Education and Industry Training/Certification click on Overview

If you want and overview of Cryptography relating to General Crypto Information, Legal and Policy Information, About Cryptography, Cryptography History, Quantum Cryptography, Poor Cryptography Examples, A Little Crypto Humor, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) & Rijndael, PGP et al., Miscellaneous Crypto Protocol Links, Product Vendors, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and Steganography click on Cryptography

If you want an overview of Cybercrime and Cyberforensics relating to General Information Resources, Journals, Conferences, Papers, Computer Crime & Legal Issues, Cybercrimes & Online Safety, Computer Forensics, Computer Forensics Tools, Network Forensics, and Commercial Training/Certifications/Investigations click on Cybercrime and Cyberforensics

If you want an overview of Operating System Security relating to General Information, NetWare (Novell), Unix (including Linux), General Tools, Windows NT/2000/XP, Other Microsoft Issues...., and PalmOS click on Operating System Security

If you want an overview of Firewalls, Personal Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), and Honeypots click on Firewalls/IDS/Honeypots

If you want an overview of Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and Tunneling relating to General Information, Secure Shell (SSH), Tunneling Protocols (Layer 2), and IP Security Protocol (IPsec) click on Virtual Private Networks (VPN)/Tunneling

If you want an overview of Web-related Security relating to Web Browsers/Protocols, Secure Web Services, Content Control, IIS, Web Privacy, Java/Javascript/ActiveX, Other Web Programming, and Hacked Web Site Mirrors click on Web-related Security

If you want an overview of Hacker/Cracker Sites and Tools relating to Hacker/Cracker General Sites, Commentary on Back Orifice/BO2k and other tools, About Hackers, SATAN, Password recovery/cracking tools, Windows-based tools, and Network-based tools click on Hacker/Cracker Sites & Tools

If you want and overview of Other Security Topics relating to Viruses/Worms, E-mail/Spamming, Passwords, Denial-of-service, Code Red Worm, Personalities in Security, Ethics, E-government/E-voting, Voice Over IP (VOIP), Locks and lockpicking, Some Security Product Vendors, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Security Policies, Wireless Security, and Biometrics click on Other Security Topics

I am sure that if it relates to Security you will find it under one of these links.

Already added to webschool.

Edited by Quinntessential, 14 March 2007 - 02:03 AM.

CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Network+ Certified
CompTIA Security+ Certified
SAP Business One TB1000 (Logistics) Certified
SAP Business One TB1100 (Accounting) Certified
SAP Business One TB1200 (Implementation & Support) Certified
Accpac Certified Consultant

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

#2 ipchain

ipchain

* Outstanding Sr Expert *

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything related to computers, yup!

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:42 AM

Excellent post!!!  appl.gif   clap.gif   yahoo.gif

It's amusing to see how even after completing your Security+ you manage to find the time to write such a wonderful post to help those currently pursuing this certification.

After quickly skimming through the website, I can guarantee it's a wonderful resource to study for many Security exams.

Thanks for the great find. Hands down for you  notworthy.gif  

hi.gif

Edited by ipchain, 14 March 2007 - 06:35 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every day hurts, the last one kills.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+ Certified.
Microsoft Certified Professional ( MCP )
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator ( MCSA 2003 )
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer ( MCSE 2003 )

Work in Progress: CCNA

#3 sabupeters

sabupeters

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:17 AM

I appreciate your efforts in doing this

Thanks

#4 jnorman10

jnorman10

* Outstanding Sr Expert *

• 887 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:14 AM

Wow Q... Wish I had these resources when I was working on my Sec +!!!

Better late than never, right?

Great post mate!! Cheers and good luck!!
"That boy is jumpin off Cabinets and eatin Brillo Pads... He's not goin to Harvard!"

B.S. in Computer Science
CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Inet + Certified
CompTIA Network + Certified
CompTIA Security + Certified

#5 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:42 AM

Excellent post indeed  appl.gif  I had missed this one earlier!
James

ProProfs.com: Educational FREEway By Professionals & Professors

#6 lilshimmaz

lilshimmaz

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

I am newbie here and curious in security+ cert. Thank you for your resources. really appreciate

#7 MelPosch

MelPosch

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:16 AM

Brilliant post. Thanks for that. yourock.gif

#8 mufti4life

mufti4life

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

I just did my Net+ and I`m looking to take Security+. I know this will be helpful. Thanks to Proprofs and all of you who make it possible for the rest of us. Keep it up!

#9 cw23

cw23

• PipPipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Quinntessential @ Mar 14 2007, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was searching through the Internet and came across a brilliant site that will teach you everything you need to know about security.

If you want an overview of Security Organizations, Security Information Sites, General Information/Overviews, General Information Databases, Security Criteria, Security Incident Response Teams, Information Warfare, Some Vendors' Security Bulletins, Security News and Journals, Security newslists/e-periodicals, Privacy, and Education and Industry Training/Certification click on Overview

If you want and overview of Cryptography relating to General Crypto Information, Legal and Policy Information, About Cryptography, Cryptography History, Quantum Cryptography, Poor Cryptography Examples, A Little Crypto Humor, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) & Rijndael, PGP et al., Miscellaneous Crypto Protocol Links, Product Vendors, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and Steganography click on Cryptography

If you want an overview of Cybercrime and Cyberforensics relating to General Information Resources, Journals, Conferences, Papers, Computer Crime & Legal Issues, Cybercrimes & Online Safety, Computer Forensics, Computer Forensics Tools, Network Forensics, and Commercial Training/Certifications/Investigations click on Cybercrime and Cyberforensics

If you want an overview of Operating System Security relating to General Information, NetWare (Novell), Unix (including Linux), General Tools, Windows NT/2000/XP, Other Microsoft Issues...., and PalmOS click on Operating System Security

If you want an overview of Firewalls, Personal Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), and Honeypots click on Firewalls/IDS/Honeypots

If you want an overview of Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and Tunneling relating to General Information, Secure Shell (SSH), Tunneling Protocols (Layer 2), and IP Security Protocol (IPsec) click on Virtual Private Networks (VPN)/Tunneling

If you want an overview of Web-related Security relating to Web Browsers/Protocols, Secure Web Services, Content Control, IIS, Web Privacy, Java/Javascript/ActiveX, Other Web Programming, and Hacked Web Site Mirrors click on Web-related Security

If you want an overview of Hacker/Cracker Sites and Tools relating to Hacker/Cracker General Sites, Commentary on Back Orifice/BO2k and other tools, About Hackers, SATAN, Password recovery/cracking tools, Windows-based tools, and Network-based tools click on Hacker/Cracker Sites & Tools

If you want and overview of Other Security Topics relating to Viruses/Worms, E-mail/Spamming, Passwords, Denial-of-service, Code Red Worm, Personalities in Security, Ethics, E-government/E-voting, Voice Over IP (VOIP), Locks and lockpicking, Some Security Product Vendors, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Security Policies, Wireless Security, and Biometrics click on Other Security Topics

I am sure that if it relates to Security you will find it under one of these links.

Excellent source of information!  What  book or study guide do you recommend for the security+ test?

#10 devinhumphrey53

devinhumphrey53

• PipPipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

Great stuff! I was actually about to ask this very same question about free resources for the security test. Thank you very much.

#11 jeallison

jeallison

• PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the helpful sites.  I plan on taking my security + this month.  Will definitely use.

QUOTE (Quinntessential @ Mar 14 2007, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.