42 replies to this topic

#21 icewolf

icewolf

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Music, Technology, Fitness, Cars

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

what i mean is when u click start, programs, they are all shown on one long list, i prefered the old way in XP. Things that dont run on my PC include ntune, creative XFi applications, netgear wireless USB stick, and various games
IT/Network Technician at KLB School, UK

---------------------
Comptia Network+ Certified - August 2007
Comptia A+ 220-601 & 220-602 Certified - March/April 2008
---------------------
Future projects: MCSA
---------------------

#22 road_2_madness

road_2_madness

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:31 AM

I work in a computer repair shop and we have run into a few issues with vista.
Hardware incompatability seems to be a big one right now along with machines randomly turning on inthe middle of the night. We have a hada lot of customers comet o us wanting vista taken off and have XP put on.

#23 icewolf

icewolf

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE(road_2_madness @ Jun 20 2007, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
machines randomly turning on inthe middle of the night.

LOL!!  biggrin.gif

---------------------
---------------------
---------------------

#24 Kyle

Kyle

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

I have two major issues with Vista, without these it would be a great system to use.

1. The minimum/recommended requirements. These are pretty high up there, with the minimum RAM, CPU, and 15 gb free space on the hard drive? That seems like a bit much.

2. Being as new as it is, there are compatibility issues, with software and hardware developers working around the clock to try and tag their products with "Vista Compatible" stickers. Where I work, a lot of our vista issues are incompatible drivers/ older software without vista compatibility.

I do have to say though, it is a definite visual improvement over XP. Although I don't know how much that matters to most people, I like it that Microsoft finally made a good looking interface.

Also, I hear that for some business machines and vista ultimate users Microsoft is offering a free downgrade to windows XP. That doesn't scream product confidence to me.

#25 icewolf

icewolf

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

well, i disabled all visual enhancements, aero, the lot basically except to show thumbnails instead of icons. Visuals dont do anything for me on an OS.

---------------------
---------------------
---------------------

#26 wyldaz

wyldaz

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

Personally, I think that Vista is the new ME...

It slows everything down and the "Cancel or Allow" thing drove me crazy!

I am back to using XP Pro!

#27 onaquest

onaquest

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:06 AM

I waited several months and finally got an excellent deal on an Acer desktop with a dual-core Athalon 3600 CPU,1Gig ofDDR2 RAM, 250 Gig HDD (SATA),dual-layer DVD +/- recorder, with Vista Home Premium, 17"LCD and an HP all-in-one. It has 256 MB shared RAM with nVidea 6100 graphics, and for what I do, (pretty light stuff, word processing, chess, mahjong, etc). its just fine. I love the graphics and for what I do it seems pretty fast.  So far I'm really happy with it, but I must admit I've done no real work with it yet. thumbs_up.gif  smile.gif
PS. When I figured out the cost of the peripherals,and the OS, the computer only cost me $20.00!

Edited by onaquest, 24 August 2007 - 10:22 AM.

#28 Adica

Adica

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:02 PM

I prefer good old windows 98 or xp. Does what it needs to do with out all of the pretty colors.

#29 Eltech

Eltech

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:39 PM

I bought Vista, and no problems maybe im just lucky

#30 transam403

transam403

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE(miguela @ Feb 7 2007, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard a lot of talk about Windows Vista lately.  I was wondering if anyone here has installed a version of Vista.  I would like to have some feedback as to what people think.

I been running vista for about a year .
No major problems I"m running a AMD 2400 XP CPU.
And no high dollard video card.
Eveything works Printer,Scanner,all my game run well.  rolleyes.gif

#31 santoshvadlamani

santoshvadlamani

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE(miguela @ Feb 7 2007, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard a lot of talk about Windows Vista lately.  I was wondering if anyone here has installed a version of Vista.  I would like to have some feedback as to what people think.

hi i am using windows vista, it is similiar to windows xp but there is a plenty of graphics in vista. but it seems to be good. nothing is special in vista.
bye
santosh

#32 santoshvadlamani

santoshvadlamani

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:50 AM

hello sir when i am using vista i got a problem regarding to MS office tools. when i am running ms word or excel it cant open the documents. not only that when my system is also hangout. just give me the solution to me.
bye
santosh

#33 oreon333

oreon333

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

I used Vista a couple times and do not really like it. I will stay with my WinXP as long as I can. I think they made some settings and preferences in Vista too complicated and sometimes it is almost impossible to find. Like just today I spent about 10 minutes figuring out how to delite dial-up connection, in XP for example everything in Connect To... menu,  in Vista I have no idea where I found it, I think I was lucky to find it, I tryed to click everywhere and finaly found somehow that manager of connections or something like that.

Edited by oreon333, 22 April 2008 - 07:18 PM.

#34 Jovanna831

Jovanna831

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:30 AM

I do not like it. My screen goes black and says display driver has stopped working and after a few minutes it will come back up. It constanly freezes up on me. It has been a real headache for me.

#35 JoniMarcello

JoniMarcello

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Windows Vista of the Windows operating system is for client computers.  An improved edition of Windows Vista that contains a premium set of entertainment features.

#36 johnhodges

johnhodges

• PipPipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

I hate it mainly because many of my existing programs no longer work. I had to get it because I needed a new PC but I sure miss Windows XP. Windows vista is merely a means for Microsoft to make a lot more money.

#37 RodgerRojas

RodgerRojas

• PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

I agree, the new pc industry will be more than likely where MS gets their greatest purchase. Although, if they do create big changes with the MC sideof it, I may just have to go buy a duplicate. I would of never of considered that I would use the MC aspect of it so much, but I have come to really like it.

#38 kevinbrownaaa

kevinbrownaaa

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

It looks like this OS is way ahead of the market being prepared for it. Driver issues are absolutely terrible. So plenty of drivers still don't run stable, but when they do, this will be a pleasant OS. Windows Vista is a really good for your work.
SPAMMER

#39 billywilson04

billywilson04

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Vista is not good, you can use window 7 instead of it if your motherboard and processor supports it otherwise install windows xp sp3 for getting best performance.

#40 benjaminzabler

benjaminzabler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

I am using Windows Vista in my personal computer. It is work very fast and quick open when i start system. This operating system is very good keep my computer safe and easy to use. This OS is give you lots of features to use. You can use windows 7 because this another good operating system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.