Google

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Quinntessential

Quinntessential

Sr. Expert

• 1,677 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:06 AM

Considering we all use Google all the time to search for things I thought it would be a good idea to try and show you how to narrow your search down.

For starters let's say you are looking for material on CompTIA's A+ course and you type CompTIA A+ Core in the Google search field you are going to get allot of other results you don't need.  So to narrow the search down simply put what you want to search for in inverted comma's like this "CompTIA A+ Core" and notice now that all your search results will contain exactly what you typed in inverted comma's.

Now let's move on to something else let's say you are searching for information on the A+ certification.  So for your search you type in A+ and get many results that aren't related to the A+ you are trying to find.  Well simple all you do is put a - minus in front of any word you don't want to appear in your search results.  For the purpose of this example my search criteria would look like this A+ -math and nothing containing the word math would appear.

Now I am sure that with these two simple tricks you can really get close to finding what you are trying to find.

If anybody has any other little Google tricks share them with us and post them here.

hi.gif

Edited by Quinntessential, 15 January 2007 - 05:08 AM.

CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Network+ Certified
CompTIA Security+ Certified
SAP Business One TB1000 (Logistics) Certified
SAP Business One TB1100 (Accounting) Certified
SAP Business One TB1200 (Implementation & Support) Certified
Accpac Certified Consultant

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

#2 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

Great Tip! Also see related article on webschool:
http://www.proprofs.com/webschool/story.ph...gle-Search-Tips
James

ProProfs.com: Educational FREEway By Professionals & Professors

#3 peacigray

peacigray

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

Google is famous and wonderful search engine in all over the world. Its very useful in each and every field as well as Due to google we can find all information about every thing. There are lots of feature and tools of google like gmail, google plus, maps, news, translate, earth and so on.
Placing ads here is not allowed. They have been deleted.

#4 neallbeck

neallbeck

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Improve and share knowledge

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Google is world most used and most known search engine. It is very simple and easy to find out anything on internet. That make it different and attractive in use. It make result of search in very short time and in bulk which easily complete the work on users.

#5 daniel.morales

daniel.morales

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

google is the best

#6 examkill

examkill

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Great tips. So simple but elegant. I have never used (-) in my search queries on Google. I am searching for "Certification Forums" now. Let's see what I will get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.