14 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:42 AM

If You Fail :  CompTIA does not require any waiting period between the first (1st) and second (2nd) attempt to pass that same CompTIA certification test. However, before any candidate's third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt requires a wait for at least thirty (30) calendar days from the date of such candidate's last attempt.

Retake Previously Passed Exam:  Candidates wishing to re-take a previously passed CompTIA certification test are required to wait for a period of twelve (12) calendar months before retaking the same CompTIA certification test, unless CompTIA has changed the test objectives for such test.

Reference:
http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/retake_policy.aspx
James

ProProfs.com: Educational FREEway By Professionals & Professors

#2 straightxed

straightxed

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:24 AM

Why would you want to retake an exam you have already passed?

#3 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:58 AM

To upgrade to a new version of the exam. Telling your prospective employer that you passed A+ in the 90's is not the same as passing the latest version of the exam.
James

#4 straightxed

straightxed

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (jbrown @ Jan 2 2006, 05:58 PM)
To upgrade to a new version of the exam. Telling your prospective employer that you passed A+ in the 90's is not the same as passing the latest version of the exam.

So if i passed the 2003 exam shortly before the newer exam was introduced i'd still have to wait 12 months?  Or would it being a newer exam constitute this "unless CompTIA has changed the test objectives for such test."  And if it does constitute that then why would you want to retake the same exam without changed objectives?  I don't think anyone would want to resit an exam they have passed unless it was an upgraded one, does "changed the test objectives" not refer to it being an upgraded exam?

It seems strange to say you can't sit the newer exam until it is a year old just because you recently passed the older version.  I guess i'm missing something here.

#5 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:54 AM

You can sit for the newer version of the exam at any time. If you plan to re-take the same version of the exam (for any reason such as a refresher) you need to wait atleast 12 months.
James

#6 straightxed

straightxed

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (jbrown @ Jan 2 2006, 06:54 PM)
You can sit for the newer version of the exam at any time. If you plan to re-take the same version of the exam (for any reason such as a refresher) you need to wait atleast 12 months.

Ahh i get it now.  Still can't see anyone actually wanting to resit the same exam inside a 12 month period as a refresher or anything else for that matter.  And i don't see why comptia wouldn't want you to either, but thems the rules i guess.

#7 thefish31

thefish31

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (straightxed @ Jan 2 2006, 02:40 PM)
Ahh i get it now.  Still can't see anyone actually wanting to resit the same exam inside a 12 month period as a refresher or anything else for that matter.  And i don't see why comptia wouldn't want you to either, but thems the rules i guess.

Perhaps if an employer is paying for you to become certified, they may require a certain score beyond the minimum passing score.  That is just a thought.  It would be hard to get me to take something I already passed again.

#8 jtchain

jtchain

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:20 PM

How much does it cost for the retake?  Is it the price of a regular exam, or is it a reduced price, or free, or what?

#9 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:38 PM

Full price is charged for retake
James

#10 lomls

lomls

• PipPipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:18 AM

if you pass the core and then dont pass the os in the 90 required days after   can you take the core again without waiting 12 months?

#11 surfslyder

surfslyder

Sr. Expert

• 388 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

here is the FAQ's page on comptia web site

http://www.comptia.org/support/default.aspx?faq_category=a

drunk.gif  v.gif

Edited by surfslyder, 05 April 2006 - 06:09 PM.

#12 djswoop156

djswoop156

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:32 PM

Yes I thought that was weird to but theymade mepay for the test again

#13 surfslyder

surfslyder

Sr. Expert

• 388 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:22 AM

yeah everytime u take it u have to pay for it. so its best to go in nknowing more than u need to.  biggrin.gif  v.gif

#14 Scotty12360

Scotty12360

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:27 PM

I recently heard that they are changing the tests sometime around September or October of this year. I am scheduled to take my Core exam on the 25th and then schedule the OS test shortly after that. I understand you have until they change the test to get the OS test completed. I will provide any feedback I can after the 25th of April....

#15 James

James

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:49 PM

Thank you all for participating. I am closing this thread. Please start a new thread if you have any further questions.
James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.