• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 eng_ahmedas

eng_ahmedas

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

Dear Friends
I wish you are fine ....... I have a question and i want you to help me understand it ..... We all know that POE is very useful when connecting IP Phones, Video or wireless device to Switch ..... Also you know from our CCNA Study that external power like generators cause noise and distorstion to our data transmission and it is recommanded that you install your UTP cable away from any power source
Although it is recommanded to install my UTP cable away from any power source, I used the spare wires (4,5,7,8) to power any POE device .... Doesn't that affect data transmission on wires (1,2,3,6) and caus noise and distortion ????
Thanks in advance

#2 ARuscitto

ARuscitto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

I know that running cat 5 and cat 6 cabling next to BX electrical cable has caused us problems before such as data loss, but we have not had any issues running Cisco phones through Juniper PoE switches using longer lengths of UTP cat 5 (some network runs up to 250'). Our only issues have been with the Juniper switches themselves. I'd suggest Cisco PoE switches are used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.