Passed N10-005 Today

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stedman

Stedman

• PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Only saw one question even remotely related to subnetting. A lot of wireless networking. Mainly security. Also saw several questions about wireless channels. Several questions about demarcs. Know your protocols and ports. Know the OSI and DOD models.

I felt I was doing pretty bad and thought I might fail. Ended up with an 860 out of 900.

I have to say I didn't use a lot of resources from here. Either too outdated or too much information (good for real life, but bad for the test).

#2 ACE203

ACE203

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostStedman, on 17 April 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Only saw one question even remotely related to subnetting. A lot of wireless networking. Mainly security. Also saw several questions about wireless channels. Several questions about demarcs. Know your protocols and ports. Know the OSI and DOD models.

I felt I was doing pretty bad and thought I might fail. Ended up with an 860 out of 900.

I have to say I didn't use a lot of resources from here. Either too outdated or too much information (good for real life, but bad for the test).

Congratulations!
So what resources did you use, specially which book(s). I bough Mike Meyers Network Passport + a few months ago but that is for exam code N10-004. Now, should I go ahead and prepare myself for this one since this exam is available to take until Aug or take exam code N10-005. Thanks for your input in advance.

#3 KumaraPie

KumaraPie

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Congrats man!
I'm going to be taking that exam in a couple of weeks, and I was wondering if you encountered any questions that seemingly had no relevance? For example, when i took A+ last year they asked a question about how I should go about scheduling customers... I thought it was strange, so yeah, did you come across any weird questions that really had nothing to do with networking etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.