• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Honsou

Honsou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

I passed the 702 today, I have my first ever IT cert! No more explaining elequently on CV's how im good at IT but have nothing to show for it.

20 questions in, I had this dread that I would not be able to pass it after a few trick questions. I passed with 742 which is terrible pass score, but hey ill take it!

Advice? Know your port numbers. I memorised the well known port numbers, but when you have a number and 4 choices you get confused. Also, plenty of default paths like where are users profiles stored, how to get to here or there on windows 7 etc.

I cant wait to study for the network+. I think because its just one exam its much easier to study for. Once I have the N+ I can start looking for a job properly smile.gif

Honsou.

#2 joeloveland

joeloveland

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

Good Job!

#3 TravisDCI

TravisDCI

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

Good job! Nobody looks at the score passed, they only care if you PASSED. I studied a great deal for my Essentials but here, was studying all the material for the Practical test. I ended up failing my Essentials. I was so distraught at the mistake and the studying hours that I didn't study AT ALL for the Practical when it came time to. My tests were a week apart from each other so when it came test day, I just went in there with a clear mind and passed the Practical.

Most people, like myself, get caught up in emotions and nervousness, which clouds your thinking. Study, but don't study TOO hard. Go in there, understand the question they are asking and you'll do fine (for future test takers.)

#4 Honsou

Honsou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (TravisDCI @ Jan 16 2012, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good job! Nobody looks at the score passed, they only care if you PASSED. I studied a great deal for my Essentials but here, was studying all the material for the Practical test. I ended up failing my Essentials. I was so distraught at the mistake and the studying hours that I didn't study AT ALL for the Practical when it came time to. My tests were a week apart from each other so when it came test day, I just went in there with a clear mind and passed the Practical.

Most people, like myself, get caught up in emotions and nervousness, which clouds your thinking. Study, but don't study TOO hard. Go in there, understand the question they are asking and you'll do fine (for future test takers.)

I think if anything, the A+ has taught me how to study for these kinds of exams. I am reading cover to cover the N+ Passport book, then I will go over and fill in the gaps with videos and tests.

The N+ will get my foot in the door for interviews, I can feel it.

#5 airsf4

airsf4

• PipPipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Honsou @ Jan 17 2012, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think if anything, the A+ has taught me how to study for these kinds of exams. I am reading cover to cover the N+ Passport book, then I will go over and fill in the gaps with videos and tests.

The N+ will get my foot in the door for interviews, I can feel it.

Terrific, great job! Working on the same cert path as you, (A+, N+, etc.) Already passed 701 and studying for 702 now.

#6 dupl3x

dupl3x

• PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Honsou @ Jan 13 2012, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I passed the 702 today, I have my first ever IT cert! No more explaining elequently on CV's how im good at IT but have nothing to show for it.

20 questions in, I had this dread that I would not be able to pass it after a few trick questions. I passed with 742 which is terrible pass score, but hey ill take it!

Advice? Know your port numbers. I memorised the well known port numbers, but when you have a number and 4 choices you get confused. Also, plenty of default paths like where are users profiles stored, how to get to here or there on windows 7 etc.

I cant wait to study for the network+. I think because its just one exam its much easier to study for. Once I have the N+ I can start looking for a job properly smile.gif

Honsou.

Nice work, sit mineenxt week. Bit worried, dont happen to have any cram notes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.