• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 ACE203

ACE203

Sr. Active Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

CompTIA Network+, exam code N10-005, was released Dec. 1, 2011 and the previous version, exam code N10-004, will be available through Aug. 31, 2012.
Am starting to study for Network+ but can't find any book for N10-005, I guess its too early sad.gif . So what are the recommendations, should I go for N10-004 since it is up until Aug and a lot of study material is available or since N10-005 covers some new stuff, wait and somehow find some study material for it?

#2 jaydot33

jaydot33

• PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (brotherbill @ Dec 16 2011, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most publishers won't send the book to print until they feel there is enough demand for it. Most try to push a pre-order. Now that CompTIA has made it official, maybe things will step up a bit.

That still gives you nine months to study for the N10-004, shouldn't be much of a problem, and if you still don't feel like you're ready by then, there isn't that much change between the exams. Have you compared the objectives?

CompTIA Network N10-004 Objectives

CompTIA Network N10-005 Objectives

Just took a networking course and i'm trying to get a Network+ Cert. Does this mean exam code N10-004 will be less credible upon it's expiration on 8/12? Should I start studying for N10-005 instead?
CompTia Net+ Certified

#3 jaydot33

jaydot33

• PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (brotherbill @ Dec 27 2011, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whichever exam you take will be valid for a period of three years. With the exception of those that are up to date with current certification standards, most people, including employers, won't know the difference.

Both exams will still cover basically the same material. The N10-005 is said to focus more on the OSI model, network security, and will include some virtual technology, and for those that do know the difference, the new exam should impress that you are up to speed with the newer technologies. If you decide to go for the new exam, you'll have trouble finding any current textbooks, but you can supplement your knowledge in these areas through Google.

I guess it depends on whether or not you're up to the new exam.

Thank you! I was just a bit concerned that if I go for a job interview or put that I took and passed the N10-004 exam, my employer might say that it's outdated or what not. So technically, the N10-004 has an expiration date?
CompTia Net+ Certified

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.