Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:46 AM

What book do you recommend?

#2 befuddledmind

befuddledmind

• PipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (brotherbill @ Oct 31 2011, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a lot of good material out. But every author has their own unique writing style, and each publication will read differently for each individual.

What I usually suggest is to visit a nearby large chain book store, sort through the material they offer, then make yourself comfortable and read a bit from each one. Then when you're sure that you've found the one that reads best for you, go online and see if you can find a deal.

Here's a couple that I like.

CompTIA Network+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition
by Mike Meyers [Hardback]

CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-004
by Todd Lammie [Paperback]

Personally, and I haven't passed the test yet (haven't taken it yet either...2 weeks!) but I love Mike Meyers books. I've had bad luck with the Sybex books (Lammle) and have found them to contain numerous errors. I refer here to the A+ books I used to study from when I took and (easily) passed the A+ exams by referencing (almost) solely the Meyers book.

#3 cjhoover

cjhoover

• PipPipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

I passed yesterday using the Sybex book (Paperback) After reading the book completely twice I was very prepared for the exam.  So the information was good and complete.  The only negative thing I have to say about this book is that it's starting to come apart on the binding.  I used the Mike Meyers book for my A+ and also thought the information was good in that one.  However the hardback is holding up much better.

I also want to mention that I used this website to buy my voucher.  www.getcertify4less.com/  I just happened to time it right and found them getting rid of Net+ vouchers for about half price.  The site is a bit cheesy and I was hesitant to purchase, but after some quick research and review reading I pulled the trigger.  Just wanted to say that it all worked out well w/o any issues.  It didn't seem that their regular pricing was special but if you find them pressed to get rid of some vouchers w/ experiraton dates...go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.