Hoping The 3rd Time Is The Charm

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 jefcon1

jefcon1

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

I took the Beast twice in 2008 with dismal results.

The first attempt was as a somewhat arrogant admin who had done all this stuff in real life and didn't need no stinkin tests or 5lb books to tell me how to do it.  That one did not go so well.

The second attempt was as a slightly humbled still somewhat arrogant admin. But this time I made a token (maybe less) effort to crack a book and take a prep exam.  Still no joy.  In fact, I think my score was lower than the first time.  Added together they would have been passing, which is a feel-good I've had to reach for a few more times than I'd like to admit in my academic life.

Here I am 3 years wiser (haha) and I haven't done any AD admin work since I failed the last attempt.  It had nothing to do with failing the exams. I just moved into a Developer/DBA role that kept my mind off all things SA.  

Today, cuts and re-orgs are a guarantee in the coming months and I want to get those magic MCSA letters on my resume before it hits the fan. Hopefully I can just put on another hat in my current work environment. Otherwise, I need to be prepared to take any hat that fits.

I am somewhat relieved to see this the 70-291 referred to as the Beast.  Maybe its not just me.  Well I'm sure some of it is me.  I'm looking around this site to make a game plan from square one this time.  Books.  Test Environment.  Prep-exams.
MCP (270,290)
A+
Net+

#2 CompuTron99

CompuTron99

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

I recommend using Testout or CBT Nuggets for the sims.  
Good Luck!
"The labor is free, it's your attitude that costs 60 dollars an hour."

CCNA
Microsoft Certified Professional (70-270 / 70-290)
CIW Foundations Associate
CompTIA A+ Certified
CompTIA Network+ Certified
CompTIA Project+ Certified
CompTIA Security+ Certified
CompTIA Server+ Certified

#3 bogus1195

bogus1195

Sr. Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

Good Luck - No wonder it is called the Beast .......... ohmy.gif
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ORDINARY AND THE EXTRA ORDINARY IS THAT LITTLE "" EXTRA "".

CCNA
MCP ( 290,270 )
ITIL v2
Sec+

Win 7  (LOADING)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.