Interview Questions My First Chance Thank You Profs

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 kaos29205

kaos29205

• PipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

I had no idea where to post this at so i'm going to post this here but first off in the past this has been my go to site for everything for my comptia A plus Net plus and Security plus questions big ups to everyone here but now i have chance at an interview with a really big IT department and i'm worried.   Below are 4 question that have a really good chance of being in the interview, i have some good ideas of how to answer all four but i want to ace this so if anyone wants to  put  there know how into this that would help out big time.. interview is on wed 27 2010

Users tell you that a server is running very slowly. You are sitting in front of the server with your hands on the mouse and keyboard. What would you check to find out why the server is performing slowly?

You suspect that a computer or server on the network has a virus or worm, what is the first thing you should do?

A server is having periodic blue-screens (BSOD). What would you check/do to troubleshoot the problem?

There is a failed drive in a server's RAID 5 array. What do you do.
The server is running out of storage space on the C: drive (Operating System drive). What would you do/check to free up some space?

#2 tamijo68

tamijo68

• PipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:03 AM

#2 check the antivirus software for infections
#3 get the stop error code from the blue screen and find the problem on the internet and fix it
#5 check the log files sometimes they are very large and not needed do a search for any files over a certain size

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Due to excessive spam attacks, as of November 2012, these forums are no longer operating. We would be back with a much improved forum soon.